Sleep pattern is backwards !!

samowen268

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everybody!
How are we all?
this isn't really too important, however it's nice to see if anyone else has similar issues!

As my diabetes has finally calmed down and is always under 10 now and I'm having much less hypos, I haven't been writing in here so much! Aside from that however I've been suffering with the most awful aches and pains, vision problems and other issues for some months, all of which have been proven not to be diabetes related now.
I've had some tests done and I'm anxiously awaiting the results, the doctors think I may have Lyme disease! :( nerve wracking time, anyway that's my general update done, now the next part is the slight problem..

Since I was young(er), I'm only 18, I've had problems sleeping, staying asleep isn't an issue, just actually falling asleep at night! (Hence why I am writing this at 1.37am), I will be awake for the rest of the night now, I write a lot and read a lot and sometimes make a snack if my bloods drop, I won't begin to feel tired until at least 5am, I sleep from 5 til around 12pm/1pm and the cycle continues! I have tried VERY hard to break the habit, I even stayed awake for 30+ hours once so I could sleep overnight, but before I know it the same thing happens again!

does anyone have any suggestions on how I could break this routine? also does anyone know why my body clock is like this? I feel so energetic at night time and tired all day, it's really bizarre! I've been like this for as long as I can remember, does anyone else have similar sleeping problems? it's more annoying than a problem, I'm still getting 8/9 hours sleep each day but my body clock is crazy!

Anyway, wish me luck with the test results, anxiously awaiting a diagnosis, peace love and blessings to all

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya

What my GP did for me was to put me on a low dose of sleeping tablets/tranquilisers and asked me to go take them and go to bed regularly.

It took a couple of cycles but I sort of got into a better routine.

NB sleeping tablets or tranquilisers should only be used short term and some surgeries may be reluctant to prescribe them

You could perhaps go to a herbalist and see what they could recommend. I know I've used something called Nytol which contains valerian amongst other things

Good luck