Sleepover with friends?

Hi, my daughter is 11, soon 12, and has been diagnosed with T1 for 9 months. She is doing really well with managing her diabetes, both in day and night time. She is on a 640G pump with enlite sensors, and have recently stopped waking me up in the night for "routine" treatment and just takes care of it herself.
She has started secondary school this month, and has been invited to her first sleepover with a new friend. I know that she can handle it practically, but obviously the parents need to know about the diabetes. How much information should we give? I'm thinking of treatment with glucagon and ketones. Is it reasonable to ask them to take the responsibility? I don't want to "scare" them, so they don't want to have her over, on the other hand I can't just be quiet.
I very much want her to just be like other children, and with sport etc we have managed it, though it is of course not as easy as it used to be.
Any experiences, thoughts, or just general comments?
Thanks

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I'd just let the parents know your kid has diabetes and leave it at that. Back in the 1970s I'd go over to my friend's place across the street for sleep-overs and as the trend at that time was streaking LOL (running naked) me and others would go streaking thru the city avoiding the local law enforcement - we were all under 13 yrs of age. It was a lot of fun and of course my parents had no clue as to what I was doing. My diabetes wasn't an issue as I didn't have all that high-Tech equipment that many use now. I was just part of a foolish group of young kids imitating others and feeling like one of the gang - it was probably great for my mental health and to this day when I think about it - I generally have a big grin on my face. Life has to be fun :)

bobcurly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yep i let my 10 year go to sleepovers (diagnosed 2 yr ago) with medtronic pump - she has the enlite sensors too. Told parents about carb counting ( and i send a copy of carbs and cal with her) and when she needs to test. Also to treat less that 4 altho the sensors pick most of that up. Pack some sugar free werthers for midnight snack (does have carbs but she can dial for that) and off she goes!