Sliding scale help please!!!

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ohh just read through all this post @claire1991 what a mare with the sliding scale, you've made me feel determined when it's my turn to insist on keeping my pump!! Hope you're managing the pain ok and things are progressing well xx

Reactions: 6 people

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ohh just read through all this post @claire1991 what a mare with the sliding scale, you've made me feel determined when it's my turn to insist on keeping my pump!! Hope you're managing the pain ok and things are progressing well xx
It's okay to go on a sliding scale you just don't need both! Make sure they listen to you because you'll be surprised at how little they know about pumps.

The pain is starting to kick in now, all good signs, not too bad at the moment but I would rather it wait until Tuesday at least when I'll be full term. Can't see that happening though!

Thanks for your well wishes :)

xxx

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @claire1991 oooh contractions wow. Just remind me what gestation are you at? x
Definite now I think! They're showing up on all the graphs and I've got cramps alongside them now as well.

I'm 36+4, trying to hang on till as close to 37 weeks as possible!

xxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
To make you smile X

Fie-Before-Its-News.jpg

lolcuteanimals-Tumblr.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks everybody!

Very disappointed at the moment! It would appear that everything that happened yesterday was a false alarm :( nothing else has happened and the contractions have disappeared as quickly as they came!
They're saying it looks like it's irritated uterus instead of labour.
Will wait and see the doctor and see what they say but I think if anything was going to happen then it would have by now.

I hate the way our bodies can deceive us!

Thanks for all of your well wishes though, we're looking at Friday being the latest :)

Claire x

Reactions: 4 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
[[[[[hugs]]]]] :)

Reactions: 3 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Aw Claire, as soon as I woke up this morning I thought oh let's see if Claire's had her baby through the night!... :( must be very frustrating for you, never heard of an irritated uterus before, would that have been caused from the injections or just pregnancy? Hope you don't wait all day again for the doctors xx

Reactions: 4 people

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Aw Claire, as soon as I woke up this morning I thought oh let's see if Claire's had her baby through the night!... :( must be very frustrating for you, never heard of an irritated uterus before, would that have been caused from the injections or just pregnancy? Hope you don't wait all day again for the doctors xx
I know, a part of me is pleased it hasn't happened because it's still a bit early but another part is gutted because I really thought it was happening!

I'd never heard of it either. Apparently it's because of all the stress my uterus is under carrying a monster size baby and all the extra fluid and it's starting to struggle to cope.
It doesn't mean labour is starting but it's not far off.
It's got nothing to do with the steroids I got told, it's just a coincidence! How crazy is that!

I hope I don't have to wait either but being a weekend they've only got one doctor on so it depends how many emergencies they've had during the night I think :(

Thanks for thinking of me! xxx

Reactions: 6 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had that in the pregnancy I had excess fluid in. I can't remember how long for, but I'd guess two or so weeks before I went into labour.

Don't worry - as long as you and baby are ok, it doesn't matter. Also, my way of thinking would be that if you needed thensection early, then it's best to have it on a weekday when they have more regular staff in :)

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had that in the pregnancy I had excess fluid in. I can't remember how long for, but I'd guess two or so weeks before I went into labour.

Don't worry - as long as you and baby are ok, it doesn't matter. Also, my way of thinking would be that if you needed thensection early, then it's best to have it on a weekday when they have more regular staff in :)
Very true! It was just disappointing that's all!
At least I know I've got 5 days max until it's here and if anything happens before then, then I shall class it as a bonus :)

xxx

linnyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
People who are cruel to people or animals.
Hi Claire

Like everyone else I had to look & see how you are doing. Such a mix of emotions for you:(, but at least you are in the right place if anything happens sooner &by Friday you will have your beautiful babe:dummy: xx

claire1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Claire

Like everyone else I had to look & see how you are doing. Such a mix of emotions for you:(, but at least you are in the right place if anything happens sooner &by Friday you will have your beautiful babe:dummy: xx
That's true! The doctor came at 11 and said I could go home so I've been waiting for them to discharge me.
The midwife just came round to do my blood pressure and things and said that my temperature is low so I'm not sure what's going on now