Slimming World and T1D

dotsy1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

I've just started slimming world last week since getting a pump in January 2016 the weight has crept on much much more than I would like

Has anyone managed slimming world and blood sugars? Their recipes look amazing but I find it quite difficult to work out their CP value =\

If you have any recipes or tips that can help it would be really really appreciated :)

Thanks,
Dot

Reactions: Snapsy

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone managed slimming world and blood sugars? Their recipes look amazing but I find it quite difficult to work out their CP value =\

If you're struggling to carb count a recipe, try apps like cook and count or myfitnesspal.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @dotsy1990 , I did SW a few years ago and lost 1st 5lb in a few months. I didn't really use their recipes to be honest, but just ate pretty much in the way they recommended, which worked out for me as medium carb, very low fat (loads of veg, rice and pasta quite often, very lean meat, no sauces). I couldn't be bothered to count Syns (heck, carb counting is enough maths for my brain without adding any more things to count), so chose not to have any.

It worked for me in that I became less jiggly whenever I walked up the stairs, that having been my aim. And my MIL lost a couple of stone.

The trick was, as far as my blood sugar was concerned, to simply weigh and carb count every one of the carby foods deemed 'free' by SW. 'Carbs and Cals' should help you here.

SW did work for me, yes, but these days I eat far less carbohydrate than when I did SW, and my weight is very stable. I wasn't yet a pumper when I did SW.

:)

TinaOX29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

I've just started slimming world last week since getting a pump in January 2016 the weight has crept on much much more than I would like

If you have any recipes or tips that can help it would be really really appreciated :)

Thanks,
Dot
Hi Dot:

I am actually going to join Slimming World tonight. I weigh about 2 st more than I really should and at 5 ft 1 in this looks bad ! Not to mention the strain on my knees ! Its about time I did something - so here goes.

I did worry about the carb counting and counting the syns and will it all be too much. Trouble is, its just another excuse not to do it, and I am SO good at finding excuses.

I hope all is going well with it, and I hope I stick at it too.