xamyrushton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi!
I've recently started to do slimming world, I'm only following the plan from home not going to meetings.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if I would have to syn hypo treatments? I'm hoping and thinking not!

**shell**

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insects, ignorance, horror films.
Hi @xamyrushton
I used to do Slimming World and never used to syn hypos however I did used to find myself having quite a few as my insulin regime needed adjusting with my weight loss and diet change.
But it never hurt to keep a supply of Muller Light yoghurt in the fridge as they are free on SW but also really quite sugary.
But never not treat a hypo for worry of going over your syns.

xoxox

Reactions: xamyrushton

xamyrushton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @xamyrushton
I used to do Slimming World and never used to syn hypos however I did used to find myself having quite a few as my insulin regime needed adjusting with my weight loss and diet change.
But it never hurt to keep a supply of Muller Light yoghurt in the fridge as they are free on SW but also really quite sugary.
But never not treat a hypo for worry of going over your syns.

xoxox
Sounds good! I never even thought about muller lights, I have some but my go to hypo treatment has always been coke haha! Thank you X

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
Be aware that fat slows down the absorption of sugar which is why they now meanly don't recommend chocolate as a hypo treatment. Glucose sweets, lucozade, coca cola are all purer forms of easily accessible glucose. Don't imperil your health for a diet. Consult your doctor as to how to do this safely.

Reactions: azure

xamyrushton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Be aware that fat slows down the absorption of sugar which is why they now meanly don't recommend chocolate as a hypo treatment. Glucose sweets, lucozade, coca cola are all purer forms of easily accessible glucose. Don't imperil your health for a diet. Consult your doctor as to how to do this safely.
Oh don't worry I'm not hesitating to treat hypos! Was just wondering how to deal with it on the slimming world front, whether to syn it or not. I'd never risk not treating it

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'm wondering if anyone knows if I would have to syn hypo treatments? I'm hoping and thinking not!

Regardless I'd just treat the hypo regardless @xamyrushton

Good luck with the SW Diet, my wife did the diet several years ago and lost 3 stone, she enjoyed it very much and met some nice people at the meetings, maybe reconsider joining the group if things don't go to plan for peer support.

xamyrushton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Regardless I'd just treat the hypo regardless @xamyrushton

Good luck with the SW Diet, my wife did the diet several years ago and lost 3 stone, she enjoyed it very much and met some nice people at the meetings, maybe reconsider joining the group if things don't go to plan for peer support.
I think that's what I plan to do! thank you :)

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Remember that faster the carb works, the less of it you will use for a hypos. Pure Glucose gives one of the largest BG increase for the least cal content. Half of table sugar converts into fat without increasing BG.