So So pleased

minimam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone
Just wanted to SHOUT this out to everyone who will listen lol

I was diagnosed T2 in February (I did introduce myself on this great forum) I have grabbed this "disease" by the scruff of its neck and so happy with what's happened in 11 weeks.
I'm not on any medication and hope to keep it that way. I'm following 5:2 diet and on my non fast days trying my hardest to stick to LCHF (no potato, bread, rice or pasta and cut out all the rubbish I used to eat)

I joined a beginners running club 7 weeks ago. I'm going twice a week and on Wednesday night ran my very first 6.5 k.

I have just bought myself a codefree tester and getting my head around it. Getting figures about 5.5 before and 7.5 after (think this ok - right)

Anyway the reason for this post. I had appointment at Dr's on Friday to get bloods done before my 3 month review next Friday. I have lost TWO STONE. I am so pleased. The nurse was too. She said I was an inspiration when I told her what I have been doing and wishes all her diabetic patients would do the same ha.

Can't wait till next Friday for my review appointment. (I'll keep you posted with my blood results)

Zero - 6K in 7 weeks + 2 stone weight loss.

I'm going new clothes shopping today yippee.

Thanks for reading
Sheila

Reactions: 15 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done! That's a good plan and it has worked well for you. And your DN was right, you are an inspiration!

Reactions: 2 people

Jovigirl7

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone
Just wanted to SHOUT this out to everyone who will listen lol

I was diagnosed T2 in February (I did introduce myself on this great forum) I have grabbed this "disease" by the scruff of its neck and so happy with what's happened in 11 weeks.
I'm not on any medication and hope to keep it that way. I'm following 5:2 diet and on my non fast days trying my hardest to stick to LCHF (no potato, bread, rice or pasta and cut out all the rubbish I used to eat)

I joined a beginners running club 7 weeks ago. I'm going twice a week and on Wednesday night ran my very first 6.5 k.

I have just bought myself a codefree tester and getting my head around it. Getting figures about 5.5 before and 7.5 after (think this ok - right)

Anyway the reason for this post. I had appointment at Dr's on Friday to get bloods done before my 3 month review next Friday. I have lost TWO STONE. I am so pleased. The nurse was too. She said I was an inspiration when I told her what I have been doing and wishes all her diabetic patients would do the same ha.

Can't wait till next Friday for my review appointment. (I'll keep you posted with my blood results)

Zero - 6K in 7 weeks + 2 stone weight loss.

I'm going new clothes shopping today yippee.

Thanks for reading
Sheila

Well done Shiela that is fantastic, enjoy the clothes shopping. x

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
what a lovely start to the day reading your post :) Amazing!! well done you :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is amazing. Well done!

Keep us up to date with you running progress on the pedometer thread. Will help the rest of us stay on track...

minimam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is amazing. Well done!

Keep us up to date with you running progress on the pedometer thread. Will help the rest of us stay on track...
Haven't seen the pedometer thread - I'll have a look for it :)

mark51

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Negative people, Rain
Hi well done, it feels good doesn't it. I've done the same diagnosed in March, list 2.5 Stone, reduced Hba1c from 103 to 54, reduced cholesterol to 5,lowered my BP to normal levels. But then told I was doing it all wrong, I was being to ocd. Weight loss to much to quick etc etc. Told I only had type 2 so shouldn't check my bg as it was a waste of time. Feeling bad for a few days after that so I ended up changing doctor. So different now, meds changed, diet now supported, test strips now being given as they could see I was trying to help myself. So now on track again. So let's beat this thing and not let it control us.

Reactions: 8 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
New member here, just like to say so glad i found you all, truly great and so helpful and encouraging, i am t2 was struggling along doing all the wrong things, my doctor gave me met' and said lose weight.....that was 3 yrs ago ...found this forum now i'm losing weight ( 1 st 3lbs so far and my blood sugar is down from 7.1 to 4.9 big thankyou .

Reactions: 7 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Clive, welcome! :) You've done well with the weight loss and BG's so far, are you following a particular diet plan?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Yes, i'm on a 100 grams of carbs,200grams of protein,50grams of fat , i am using my blood sugar meter after every meal at 1 hr,2hr and so far i am getting good results, i also invested in a good quality exercise bike and do 10 miles a day, plus an exercise bench to do sit ups, this has reduced my waist from 46ins to 40 .what regime are you on and whats the results for you?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, i'm on a 100 grams of carbs,200grams of protein,50grams of fat , i am using my blood sugar meter after every meal at 1 hr,2hr and so far i am getting good results, i also invested in a good quality exercise bike and do 10 miles a day, plus an exercise bench to do sit ups, this has reduced my waist from 46ins to 40 .what regime are you on and whats the results for you?
Similar to you, I need less carbs than you and I'm afraid I exercise less........that's where I need to improve. I have lost over 2 stones which is really good because I had never managed to lose that much until I started to cut carbs and not worry about fat too much. I have come to a bit of a standstill at the moment but hope to lose more soon

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Well done you! I think the key is a combo of diet and regular exercise...but only what you feel comfortable maintaining,i'm a coach driver and wasn't getting enough exercise, all the best to you, clivethedrive

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Excellent results, for all, like the op's, both diets seem very calorie restricted as well, which worked well for me, with a slightly different ratio.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Yes, thats the key really, use the blood sugar meter and adjust your intake of carb/protein/ fat, to suit you, thankyou it is so encouraging reading how we are coping,

Reactions: 3 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just so you are aware, 200g protein is about 3 x the recommended daily average, keep a check on your kidneys eGFR when you get your 3mth blood tests
I would look at 60g protein and 50g more fats/oils

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
American diabetic association ( http://www.professional.diabetes.org/)
http://www.professional.diabetes.or...=DP&s_src=vanity&s_subsrc=nutritionguidelines

Evidence is inconclusive for an ideal amount of total fat intake for people with diabetes;
therefore, goals should be individualized; fat quality appears to be far more important
than quantity.

In people with type 2 diabetes, a Mediterranean-style, MUFA-rich eating pattern may benefit
glycemic control and CVD risk factors and can therefore be recommended as an effective
alternative to a lower-fat, higher-carbohydrate eating pattern.
Low fat Defined as total fat intake, <30% of total energy intake and saturated fat intake,<10%.

Carbohydrates Evidence is inconclusive for an ideal amount of carbohydrate intake for people with diabetes.
Therefore, collaborative goals should be developed with the individual with diabetes.
The amount of carbohydrates and available insulin may be the most important factor influencing
glycemic response after eating and should be considered when developing the eating plan.
Monitoring carbohydrate intake, whether by carbohydrate counting or experience-based
estimation remains a key strategy in achieving glycemic control.
For good health, carbohydrate intake from vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, and dairy
products should be advised over intake from other carbohydrate sources, especially those
that contain added fats, sugars, or sodium. [processed carbs]
Substituting low–glycemic load foods for higher–glycemic load foods may modestly improve
glycemic control.
Low carbohydrate Focuses on eating foods higher in protein (meat, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, cheese, nuts and seeds), fats (oils, butter, olives, avocado), and vegetables low in carbohydrate (salad greens, cucumbers, broccoli, summer squash).
The amount of carbohydrate allowed varies with most plans allowing fruit (e.g., berries) and higher carbohydrate
vegetables; however, sugar-containing foods and grain products such as pasta, rice, and bread are generally
avoided. There is no consistent definition of “low” carbohydrate. In research studies, definitions have ranged from
very low-carbohydrate diet (21–70 g/day of carbohydrates) to moderately low-carbohydrate diet (30 to ,40% of
calories from carbohydrates).

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi, thankyou for the figures , i will check them over and adjust my intakes, thanks!