So Thirsty

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These last 2 weeks i have become increasingly thirsty, my BG has not risen is it anything to be concerned about?
I am T2 take 2 metformin a day

gavin86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Is all that water coming out the other end? Is your mouth dry/lips dry? Are you getting swelling anywhere?
I would advise seeing a doctor, there are other things that can also cause this too. It could be nothing, could be a serious sign of something.

Reactions: goosey39

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you recently changed your diet? Most LC diets advise increasing fluid intake, and also salt intake while losing weight since this weight loss starts off being stored glucogen and water. This happens even while the LC diet is not ketogenic, ie is not at the fat burning stage.

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is all that water coming out the other end? Is your mouth dry/lips dry? Are you getting swelling anywhere?
I would advise seeing a doctor, there are other things that can also cause this too. It could be nothing, could be a serious sign of something.
Yes going toilet alot, just the back of my throat that seems dry all the time but not a sore throat ,no swelling anywhere

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
See http://www.diabetes.co.uk/symptoms/polydipsia.html

After I started taking Metformin I noticed that I had to get up in the night to pee and had a dry mouth in the morning. I now only take one 500 mg tablet per day and this no longer happens.
But its been 2 months and was ok before , i have always got up in the night and have always drank alot but not this much, im talking at least 2 litrs of water and 3 tea before 12noon, even more in the afternoon

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you recently changed your diet? Most LC diets advise increasing fluid intake, and also salt intake while losing weight since this weight loss starts off being stored glucogen and water. This happens even while the LC diet is not ketogenic, ie is not at the fat burning stage.
Yes i have changed diet

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How does your skin look? Do you know how to check your skin for signs of dehydration?

I think you should try some extra salt, half a teaspoon or possibly a teaspoon of (sea) salt in a small glass of water. If it works you will notice it within a quarter of an hour. Mind, if you drink and pee a lot that can cause low sodium levels too.

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How does your skin look? Do you know how to check your skin for signs of dehydration?

I think you should try some extra salt, half a teaspoon or possibly a teaspoon of (sea) salt in a small glass of water. If it works you will notice it within a quarter of an hour. Mind, if you drink and pee a lot that can cause low sodium levels too.
My skin has never felt better, i did say that last week to someone, i have never suffered with spots or anything but my skin just feels fresher, not as dry, im def not dehydrated

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My skin has never felt better, i did say that last week to someone, i have never suffered with spots or anything but my skin just feels fresher, not as dry, im def not dehydrated
That is good! Anyway, you do know how to check it? To pinch the skin on your hand and see how fast the wrinkle it cases disappears? It's useful to know.

Have you tried salt and did it work?

goosey39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes i know how to test it and no i havent, i am just cooking something to eat so will try after, as far as i am aware i dont have a low salt diet anyway, but worth trying, i even wake in the night and drink about a pint of water:eek: