1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Some Days It Makes My Head Spin!

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by **shell**, Dec 6, 2017.

1. **shell**

**shell** Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I think I'm having one of those days where it all just feels a little overwhelming. - "It" being diabetes of course.

Keeping a track just feels like it's impossible...
    finger pricking, scanning, pumping. Logging on Libre, notebook and mySugr. Counting carbs, syns (slimming world). Fasting then failing to fast because my bloods are wrong, I ate late/out, I've just had hypo/hyper, im hungry, losing concentration. Pump failure, ketone check, inject, miscalculated my active insulin, re insert Pump, test bloods, manage miscalculated dose.

Did I forget anything?

Repeat!
    X

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Books1

Books1 LADA · Well-Known Member

Looks like you covered everything there!

I'm impressed.

F

3. brett

brett Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Think you covered everything in daily life of a diabetic. Does get on top of us at times and some days are harder than others even when in range for a whole day can be exhaustive, with testing, adjusting etc. Just crack on and as the old saying tomorrow's a new day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Snapsy

Snapsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Only some days, @**shell** .....?

I hear ya. Hugs.

Love Snapsy xxx
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@**shell** . Not your best day then????????
    You forgot a few things. It's history now, you can't change any of it. Today diabetes won, it tripped you up and proceeded to kick you whilst you was down.
    Tomorrow it's your turn. Catch the bu**er early before it's got chance to wake up. You wake up raring to go and kick its ar*e all day and don't stop until it realises that you're boss lady and will not tolerate it messing with you.:):):)

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook