Some good news

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, a few months ago I had a bleed diagnosed in my eye. Not huge but enough to possibly need treating. I was back at the hospital today and the bleed has stopped so no treatment. The consultant also said that there was no further deterioration in my eyes in general. and if I could keep on top of my BG's then it would stay that way.

That's motivation right there :0)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is good news.
I had my test done and there are signs of retinopathy, but nothing needing treatment.
I blame the almost two years of trying to get my cholesterol down by diet - but I did have my eyes checked at Specsavers, who told me that the black dots were nothing to worry about. They also gave me the wrong prescription, omitting to put in the 'prism' I need - I won't be going back there.

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yea, I've had the signs for the last 2 screenings but it was only the last one that showed the bleed. I'm hoping mine will stay stable for as long as possible now and I will work on keeping the numbers down. If I push up my BG's my eyes suffer and I can't see too well - something to do with fluid distorting the lens in the eye.

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to hear that @seanj67. It must be a relief for you, as well as motivation. :)

It is yes - I've been a bit slack of late with diet & motivation but this has given me a boost. I was doing rell on the low carb thing, but saw no weight loss at all - but good BG's. I now really want to drop the lbs, so am thinking about LC and fasting combined for a while.....

Reactions: Prem51

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to go to the optician, as the lower blood sugar has altered the lenses - it is the osmotic pressure in the eye which makes the lenses alter and why so many people starting Atkins get blurred vision which then gradually goes away.
I needed new glasses when I stopped low carbing to eat a cholesterol lowering diet - which did not work. Now I have been back eating low carb for six months I will have to get new glasses.

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah yea, I found that... the blurred vision with BG's on the way up, then again on the way back down. It's how I tell if my BG's are too high without testing, although I test regularly.

Reactions: Prem51

Lilipod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey guys my Bg and diabetes control has been excellent except for Bp and cholesterol now I have background retinopathy and want to beat myself mentally for this. I have been diagnosed in winter 2015 and have only been once in meds and have managed to continuous control but stress with my ailing mum has not helped. I am so upset of this situation feel demotivated as stress levels are high