Sons school shoes

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Orangeone Well, if your son wants to wear them, and the school will let him wear them, and you like him to wear them. What's the problem?

One of my Granddaughters decided she wanted to wear a flimsy slipper type of shoe that gave her feet no support or protection. She gave up eventually when the shoes let water in and her feet froze when walking in the snow.

D

Deleted member 308541

One of my Granddaughters decided she wanted to wear a flimsy slipper type of shoe that gave her feet no support or protection. She gave up eventually when the shoes let water in and her feet froze when walking in the snow.
Nothing like wet feet that are freezing cold on a wet wintery day, the kid will be wishing for leather shoes or a good pair of wellies asap.
0y4h3.gif

Reactions: jonbvn

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Was that Reebok trainers back in "the day"...? ;) (Run DMC, NWA?. The eighties...)
Please @Jaylee can we stay on topic. Introducing " a branded "expensive footwear option will only lead to more debate and consternation. It's plimsoles, let's keep it PLIMSOLES ( at £2 a pair ):banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
lol yeh.... just the hubby then, right?
Oh please @zand ask the question.................... what shoes does he wear? There I've done it!!!!!!!
If the answer is plimsoles then there's no hope for us.:mad::mad:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Hello folks - this forum is about diabetes in its many forms. This child, nor his mother, have diabetes therefore this thread is inappropriate for this forum.

The OP has had our many views - most of which disagree with her opinion - but she is the mother of the child in question and our discussion will obviously not influence her decision.

Shall we leave it here? Seems a bit silly to discuss it any further??

Reactions: himtoo and azure

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone who feels that this thread has served its purpose, can simply refrain from posting in it.
It is only the fact that people keep posting that bumps it to the top of the Recent Posts list which (in turn) attracts more attention.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Please @Jaylee can we stay on topic. Introducing " a branded "expensive footwear option will only lead to more debate and consternation. It's plimsoles, let's keep it PLIMSOLES ( at £2 a pair ):banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sorry Therower. You are quite correct.. ;)
Slapped wrists.. Won't do it again.
I need my head checking from time to time..

... Or every 6 months or so, my feet.. :D

Reactions: Cumberland

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm yet to see so many of us absolutely schooled by an extremely entertaining troll.

Nice work, it has made my evening:)

For the record, plimsolls were a necessary evil for indoor gym at Primary school. They were never intended to be "all-terrain" footwear for children, or adults. Just my tuppence worth.

Hope the bairn has better footwear for the winter months.

Reactions: zand and azure

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
There are 3 threads about Plimsollgate the OP has made their mind up and had advice from countless members
I would never let my son wear plimsolls when he attended school it appears the OP is ok to let her son wear them

Anyone else want to give their honest opinion

Reactions: chris lowe

Orangeone

There are 3 threads about Plimsollgate the OP has made their mind up and had advice from countless members
I would never let my son wear plimsolls when he attended school it appears the OP is ok to let her son wear them

Anyone else want to give their honest opinion
I think They are fine after all leather shoes get wet in rain aswell

Reactions: Freema
C

chris lowe

I think the plimsolls can be classed as school shoes. Hoping my sons don't fall apart before he brakes up in July

If it's your opinion they are ok as school shoes why bother asking?
If he has an accident & breaks a toe or worse just don't try suing the school for negligence, take responsibility for your stance