Sore vagina -like dermatitis? - Anonymous Question

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Re: [Anon Question] Sore Vagina

That can happen when you have had too many carbs/sugar.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
High blood sugar can lead to sugar in the urine, which encourages the growth of bacteria and fungi in their ideal environment.[they love sugar]
See a doctor!
you can get treatment.
Hana

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It could be thrush (or candida as it is also known) but if they swab you and it isn't it could be other skin complaints. This week I have been diagnosed with genital lichen planus. I have oral lichen planus but you can get it in all sorts of places particularly where mucus membranes live.

I am off to see a gynae and apparently can't have any treatment until then, sob sob. Lichen planus is thought to be an auto immune condition as are some forms of diabetes so it is worth bearing it in mind as they can go hand in hand.

Do see your Doc though, you don't have to live with the discomfort and embarrassing though it is (and even though I know our lady GP very well I STILL find it hard to book this sort of appointment) most things are easily sorted.

Good luck.

Ali

Fraddycat

I was driven mad by this 3 or 4 months before I was diagnosed - nothing seemed to make a difference. Since I have got my blood sugar under control I have not been troubled at all!

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Getting treatment should also involve your partner(s) as well, or you will be reinfected during next 'encounter'

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fraddycat said:
All very well asking anonymous questions but we can't post anonymous answers - hardly fair :D

Great point totally agree - If it's an embarassing question those who can answer may be equally embarrased to post any help - any way of it happening mods??

ninasings

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals, Ignorant behaviour, Misogynists
Hi I have been suffering with the sore downstairs dept for a number of years. Have T2, auto-immune thryoid disease, B12 deficiency,......list goes on. I'v got thrush too in my throat but was told by gynae dr at special clinic that I have Lichen Schlerosus. Auto immune link. Try the Bristish Skin Foundation web site for general info and also try Humankind Organics web site.
best wishes
n

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Nina, how are they treating you? That is what I have too and I have to wait to see the gynae in a fortnight's time before I can have any treatment. I have had oral lichen planus for ages but always hoped it would not manifest elsewhere, especially here!

Ali

C

catherinecherub

Anonymous Question said:
Anonymous question submitted:

I would like to know if anyone else gets a sore vagina...its almost like dermatitis

To submit a question, please go to http://www.diabetes.co.uk/ask-an-anonym ... stion.html

You have had answers as to how diabetes may be affecting you.
I do not know your age but it could be that you are suffering from menopausal symptoms, Vaginal Atrophy. This can be resolved with oestrogen therapy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 16129.html

nigelho

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Your problems down below might be Lichen Planus. Are you by anychance taking tablets for high blood pressure??

oconnorbp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to butt in. Pre diagnosis of type one I spent almost two years with the same although being male not exactly. All different creams nearly having circumcised op. But to the point high sugar levels cause fungi in the urine and a nasty rash. Canesten has always worked for me plus keeping bg levels down but it can still come back with high bg levels. Hope this helps?

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
I too had this prob and after three drs all suggested anything from atrophy to thrush to vaginitus was at my wits end,trousers are a no-no as couldnt and still cant stand the crutch seam ,was using non bio washing powder but weeks went by while wriggling on seats etc as sooooo sore then I tried Surcare washing powder and hey presto much improved but still very vulnerable area :oops:

Grazer

Worries me a bit that we suddenly have a series of anonymous questions, after years of having none, with one set of questions around "why do us MEN have sex problems", with a simultaneous set of questions around vaginal issues and another on general sex problems. Can't be coincidence, but questions are apparently from a man and a woman. Perhaps anonymous can clarify

DeeNJai

Hi
I am also having problems with a very sore vagina it's been well over a year that I have been sore. Also I get little cysts on the vagina wall and sometimes they change in to abscesses which then discharge. I am pre-diabetic as I had a HbA1c test and it came back as 34% (iffc), I have told many times that I pass sugar in the urine. Could this be why I am always sore and itchy especially just after I have a pee. I have been given some cream to see if that helps.

Currently I test my sugar levels at least seven times a day so that I can see what is going on. I did a OGTT test a couple of days ago and it was higher than the one done at the hospital in April. Here is the table to show you what is going on.

Date Time Result
17/4 1031 4.5
1135 10.1
1205 11.0
1237 9.5
1303 9.0
Average 8.4 mmol/l (Hospital test)

5/12
Time Result
1015 4.8
1120 10.4
1150 13.0
1220 12.6
1250 7.7
1320 4.5
Average 9.2 mmol/l (Home test with Lucasade)

I will do another one in two weeks time.

I don't know how to explain to my GP about the OGTT shows as in the US i would have been diagnosed as type 2 diabetic.
Dee

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
You really ought to speak to your gp ref sores and itching or go to a GUM Clinic. It is nothing to be embarassed about. It is unlikely to get sores from diabetes as you are decribing.
Women can get sores from a natural imbalance, which is not transmitted to or from another person, but from washing was with perfumed soap or keeping themselves too clean.. I dont know the name of this illness but it does require antibiotics and cream.
Other reasons would be STD's or cancer.
You must see GP or GUM clinic. Tests need to be done, as this is very unlikely to be diabetic related... But if it is... It still needs to have proper treatment.

Your bloods are going higher than they should be and again this too should be mentioned and resolved byseeing your GP...

Please seek medical help...