soya flour

louiseb

I seen soya flour in holland and barrett today I checked the carb contnet and its similar to ground almonds was thinking of getting some of this to bake with instead of ground almonds has anybody else tryed this if so what type of affects did it have on your bg?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi - do you think you may have misread the packaging? - I have some soya flour from H&B when I baked for a friend who is wheat intolerant - the carbs on the bag say 33g of carb in 1cup (88g)[/ - almond flour is approx 4g carb per 100g - even so the soya flour is less than ordinary white flour at 76g carb per 100g!

the only way to know if you can tolerate it is to use it and test well afterwards - and of course the almond flour has protein too -about 18g from memory

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
You might also want to know that there is much information on the net about Soy products, much of it is conflicting. Is it good or is it bad........??

hallii

The soy flour I buy fromTesco says 16g of carb per 100g so maybe it varies?

I use it for making low carb bread and a couple of slices of the bread doesn't affect me to much (T2).

There are several recipes around for low carb bread, do a search and you might find the one I posted.

I also use it to thicken sauces etc. and have even made a sponge like cake using it, I used it in a sugar free trifle and it was OK (ish).

H

louiseb

maybe I did make a mistake when I looked at the carb content of the soya flour I wasnt wearing my glasses at the time lol.
anyway after reading a link provided to me on another diabetic site I think ill give soya flour a miss dont like the possible side affects.
thanks ken for also warning me about soya flour and to google it