1. Handy Hint: You can tag users in a post to attract their attention by typing @username - Try tagging Giverny in some posts by using @Giverny

Soya Milk Question Please

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Mellieandmin, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Mellieandmin

Mellieandmin Member

Hi

I am new here and am searching for help. I had gestational diabetes and now have IGT/prediabetes whichever is the way to say it and I am floundering around in an attempt to stay healthy but primarily loose weigh.

I switched from milk as I read it lactose is full of sugar and am getting on well with Soya Milk. Is this a good switch? Does soya have too much sugar? Should I be having a certain type?

Please help me. I need to know the lion-traps I think. Are there any really good books I can read about Carb Counting etc?

Many thanks in advance, I'm all a bit at sea and feel extremely lonely about it all. Why do people keep offering me dessert when they know full well I will say no?? Why don't people get it?

Many thanks
    M
  2. sugarless sue

sugarless sue Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum.

Here is the information that Ken and I compiled to help new Diabetics, hope it is of some help to you. As for people offering dessert.....they just do ! :D It's habit and tradition ! :roll:

3. Mellieandmin

Mellieandmin Member

Thank you Sue - so, is that unsweetened Soya Milk? I am guessing it is as at the moment I am buying regular Original?

So would you say it is a good switch?

I am going to but that book now, am desperate to loose weight the proper way....
  4. cugila

cugila Well-Known Member

It was unsweetened ........

Soya Milk Original ranges from 2 to 6.8g carbs per 100 mil depending on the brand. Have you checked the information on the packaging ?

(Sue's busy !)
  5. Mellieandmin

Mellieandmin Member

OK, fab. The soyamilk I have currently is 2.9g per 100gms so better than cows milk for sure, Will make sure I try the unsweetened one tomorrow. Thanks so much