1. Find out how you can help us spread the word about the Diabetes Forum. Click HERE
  2. Hi there, Guest. Welcome to the forum!
    Need some guidance? Check out our Forum Video Guides

Soya Milk Question Please

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Mellieandmin, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Mellieandmin

Mellieandmin Member

Hi

I am new here and am searching for help. I had gestational diabetes and now have IGT/prediabetes whichever is the way to say it and I am floundering around in an attempt to stay healthy but primarily loose weigh.

I switched from milk as I read it lactose is full of sugar and am getting on well with Soya Milk. Is this a good switch? Does soya have too much sugar? Should I be having a certain type?

Please help me. I need to know the lion-traps I think. Are there any really good books I can read about Carb Counting etc?

Many thanks in advance, I'm all a bit at sea and feel extremely lonely about it all. Why do people keep offering me dessert when they know full well I will say no?? Why don't people get it?

Many thanks
    M
  2. sugarless sue

sugarless sue Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum.

Here is the information that Ken and I compiled to help new Diabetics, hope it is of some help to you. As for people offering dessert.....they just do ! :D It's habit and tradition ! :roll:

3. Mellieandmin

Mellieandmin Member

Thank you Sue - so, is that unsweetened Soya Milk? I am guessing it is as at the moment I am buying regular Original?

So would you say it is a good switch?

I am going to but that book now, am desperate to loose weight the proper way....
  4. cugila

cugila Well-Known Member

It was unsweetened ........

Soya Milk Original ranges from 2 to 6.8g carbs per 100 mil depending on the brand. Have you checked the information on the packaging ?

(Sue's busy !)
  5. Mellieandmin

Mellieandmin Member

OK, fab. The soyamilk I have currently is 2.9g per 100gms so better than cows milk for sure, Will make sure I try the unsweetened one tomorrow. Thanks so much