Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi everyone here

Every day I ran up to four kilometers
Because I think it eases or lowers the level A1C Is this really true information

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was diagnosed I looked at several studies that investigated the role of diet, and exercise, in reducing HbA1c.

The overall conclusion was that diet is by far the most important factor, but exercise can have a useful (but smaller) role. On average, diet lowered HbA1c by one percentage point (in the NGSP counting system) while exercise lowered it up to half of one percentage point.

I remember at the time thinking that these were rather small numbers, and that with my 8.3% number at diagnosis, I was probably heading for a drug prescription in the future even if the diet/exercise worked. Of course I was pleasantly surprised when my number fell by nearly three percentage points in less than three months. So it is important to remember that these scientific studies are averages and include all results, even the results of people who failed to reduce HbA1c by much.

By the way, the usual definition of "exercise" in these studies is often very moderate. For instance, 150 minutes of walking, per week. In my case it is more like 400 minutes and it is fast walking. If you are running four kilometers per day, that would probably count as quite a lot of exercise, according to those studies. However, from what I remember, there was not necessarily a bigger effect on A1c if you exercised a lot, compared to just doing the moderate exercise.

Another aspect, of course, is that exercise can play a role in reducing or controlling weight (although again, quite a lot less important than diet). It is also, obviously, a great contributor to health in general including cardio-vascular fitness.

(There have also been a number of people on this forum who point out that they themselves managed to lower their HbA1c substantially with diet, and without any increase in exercise.)

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
When I was diagnosed I looked at several studies that investigated the role of diet, and exercise, in reducing HbA1c.

The overall conclusion was that diet is by far the most important factor, but exercise can have a useful (but smaller) role. On average, diet lowered HbA1c by one percentage point (in the NGSP counting system) while exercise lowered it up to half of one percentage point.

I remember at the time thinking that these were rather small numbers, and that with my 8.3% number at diagnosis, I was probably heading for a drug prescription in the future even if the diet/exercise worked. Of course I was pleasantly surprised when my number fell by nearly three percentage points in less than three months. So it is important to remember that these scientific studies are averages and include all results, even the results of people who failed to reduce HbA1c by much.

By the way, the usual definition of "exercise" in these studies is often very moderate. For instance, 150 minutes of walking, per week. In my case it is more like 400 minutes and it is fast walking. If you are running four kilometers per day, that would probably count as quite a lot of exercise, according to those studies. However, from what I remember, there was not necessarily a bigger effect on A1c if you exercised a lot, compared to just doing the moderate exercise.

Another aspect, of course, is that exercise can play a role in reducing or controlling weight (although again, quite a lot less important than diet). It is also, obviously, a great contributor to health in general including cardio-vascular fitness.

(There have also been a number of people on this forum who point out that they themselves managed to lower their HbA1c substantially with diet, and without any increase in exercise.)
Thank you sir for your kind reply

Already is as you said Food system is the most important thing

You will not get a good result without a diet Because logically it is not reasonable to clean your house and there are those who throw the garbage behind you

I also realize this thank you