Step up for Santa

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just back from swimming pool. Had the place to myself. Perfect tranquility. Everyone else busy shopping.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having a few days off as full of cold and don't have energy to do anything much.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Don't be sad Kez :) Know what it's like :)

Don't be sorry for yourself , be proud you walked in the rain . Don't know about you but in a previous life I would have made the rain an excuse for doing nothing

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
As I'm usually out of the house by 6.45 and not back until 17.30 by the time I've got tea etc it's normally 19.15 before we both sit down and I usually can't be bothered to go out again so I treated myself to a cross trainer which I u byse whilst watching TV - no need to go out in the cold and I can use it when I want!!

My cross trainer and exercise bike have been key to keeping me going .You might find it shouting at you "get up off your backside and use me " that's what mine did lol

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
30 minutes walk and the 11 floors of office stairs yesterday. Must get back to the rower this weekend.

Have to admit I've slacked a little bit after being poorly last week , if you get back to it I will too

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Well didn't do my walk yesterday as it was raining. Was out with my sisters last night so did do a 20 minute stagger to the taxi rank intend lol

Haha I know that feeling

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Just back from swimming pool. Had the place to myself. Perfect tranquility. Everyone else busy shopping.

I really wish my local pool didn't have a deep end , I'm not confident enough to swim out of my depth so I avoid it .
Think I'm going to try and do different things on different nights in the new year . Might have 7 different activities and tick them off. I love walking in the country side as you know , I love it because it changes so much over the year and I think my photos show that . The problem is my calves end up like footballer legs ,not attractive!!!

On a positive note I am at least thinking about next year and not being my default lazy lump lol

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
4 hours walking around local town achieving nothing

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know the feeling Jamrox. I drove into town to pick up a few bits but couldn't get a parking space so I drove home and then walked down to the shops. 1 hr 45 minutes walking and I only managed to get one of the things I was going for lol still at least I stepped up for Santa lol

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have it all to look forward to on Monday though of only want a few bits from home bargains or Poundland ( just some toiletries to put in junior's stocking) and a turkey. I usually order one but every year I've ended up with one far too big or too small so I'm just going to grab what I see on the shelves. Think I have everything else and if not, so what.

Reactions: 2 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Not been on here for three weeks as bronchitis and not up to exercise......back at work this week though, not 100% yet but getting there , so been back to walking in the lunch hour although its been mainly to buy last minute things needed for that upcoming day [!] but at least its exercise, hope it counts :oops:

Reactions: 4 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Couple hours trailing the shops looking for a bathroom blind . Got one home and it's not right but hey ho would he listen

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still too full of cold to exercise but I spent all evening on my feet at a party so that must count for something.. And I tidied up stuff at end. Now I. Bed trying to get warm.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still too full of cold to exercise but I spent all evening on my feet at a party so that must count for something.. And I tidied up stuff at end. Now I. Bed trying to get warm.
Did you dance at party?
Also, being cold helps burn more calories.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you dance at party?
Also, being cold helps burn more calories.
No dancing. Just lots of drinking water and trips to the loo to be on my own for a bit... I don't do people who are full of own importance too well and my sister in law's friends fall largely into that category. Thankfully the business man with the Porsche who was regaling us with tales of his business acumen left quite early in the proceedings.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No dancing. Just lots of drinking water and trips to the loo to be on my own for a bit... I don't do people who are full of own importance too well and my sister in law's friends fall largely into that category. Thankfully the business man with the Porsche who was regaling us with tales of his business acumen left quite early in the proceedings.

You really know how to have fun!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You really know how to have fun!

Lol. Yes. Some of their friends are lovely but others.. Urggh. I'm not sure why they feel,obliged to invite us along tbh as we are not close and only see one another when we drop off cards or gifts or at family funerals etc. I am an only child so I don't have anyone that I feel I ought to be close to because they are family.