Still going strong.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'm just checking back in.

Mainly to tell everyone there is life after diabetes. A really good life. You can beat it.

A good year, diving in Spain, diving in the UK, kicking back, working less, and planning what to do.

My annual review just came back normal for everything, (apart from the dreaded cholesterol) kidneys,liver, HbA1c, all good.
HbA1c, 5.5% in fact.The liver is a good result, as I must have drank a bit more than I would say was good for you this summer. :) But, it's been a relaxing time.
And the tests were at the worst time, rather than choosing a good day. So I'm well pleased.

Cholesterol, well, I tried without the Statins, and LDL went up, so I'm going back on them.
(Maybe the LDL is the little happy fluffy ones, but that doesn't sound like the type that would hang out with me, so they're going to be blatted with statins, and reduced to a small puddle)

And now, onwards and upwards, well at least outwards.
As to the 'outwards'
I plan to do a bit of 'overlanding'
I want to travel, but the journey is the thing. So I'm looking for a 4x4, maybe a Discovery 2, or a Shogun, and convert it to a microcamper, then travel into europe, and beyond.
Plenty of overnights in the back of the van, lots of mixing with the locals, lots of seeing the country as it is.
To start, a few short trips, then Sweden, Finland, stopping at the most Northern point in Europe, then a trip into Morocco, another trip west to Turkey, and the final goal is Mongolia one day.
And, taking the dive gear with me, there is some superb coastal cave diving on the Finnish coast to start with :)

So, everyone, hang in there, grab life with both hands, remember, it's the only one you have, so make the most of it.
Diabetes is merely a small hump in the road.

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Douglas! I thought I hadn't seen you around for a while ;). Looks like you're doing well still.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm just checking back in.

Mainly to tell everyone there is life after diabetes. A really good life. You can beat it.

A good year, diving in Spain, diving in the UK, kicking back, working less, and planning what to do.

My annual review just came back normal for everything, (apart from the dreaded cholesterol) kidneys,liver, HbA1c, all good.
HbA1c, 5.5% in fact.The liver is a good result, as I must have drank a bit more than I would say was good for you this summer. :) But, it's been a relaxing time.
And the tests were at the worst time, rather than choosing a good day. So I'm well pleased.

Cholesterol, well, I tried without the Statins, and LDL went up, so I'm going back on them.
(Maybe the LDL is the little happy fluffy ones, but that doesn't sound like the type that would hang out with me, so they're going to be blatted with statins, and reduced to a small puddle)

And now, onwards and upwards, well at least outwards.
As to the 'outwards'
I plan to do a bit of 'overlanding'
I want to travel, but the journey is the thing. So I'm looking for a 4x4, maybe a Discovery 2, or a Shogun, and convert it to a microcamper, then travel into europe, and beyond.
Plenty of overnights in the back of the van, lots of mixing with the locals, lots of seeing the country as it is.
To start, a few short trips, then Sweden, Finland, stopping at the most Northern point in Europe, then a trip into Morocco, another trip west to Turkey, and the final goal is Mongolia one day.
And, taking the dive gear with me, there is some superb coastal cave diving on the Finnish coast to start with :)

So, everyone, hang in there, grab life with both hands, remember, it's the only one you have, so make the most of it.
Diabetes is merely a small hump in the road.

Gosh, I could have sworn you'd never left!

Thanks for the run down, but save for the HbA1c, there's not a lot to go on.

Has your weight remained stable? If you've "....must have drank a bit more than I would say was good for you ....", have you noticed this impacting, good or bad on your immediate blood scores? Have you stuck with the Metformin? How's the BP doing?

As your post appears to be for the benefit of other posters, and newbies, some of that detail could be very useful for those nearer the start of their journeys.

Reactions: 2 people