Strange Feeling

DaLe_t1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, Diagnosed Type 1 just over a week :(
Been managing my tests and insulin ok as i thought,
Today got up , level was at 7.6 mmol/l , had Granola and berries for breakfast.
tested before lunch, levels at 12.1 mmol/l, had a cheese,ham,mushroom omelet with steamed veg,
Havent done much of anything , sat watching TV and felt a little light headed, a little shaky, just tested now and my levels are at
3.3mmol/l , is this what is known as a Hypo??. if so dont like it :(, took a few glucose tabs and a cereal bar, been 30 mins and i feel a little better, enough to type this, any advice would be welcome .

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Others will be along later but I would say yes, you were having a hypo and treated it right. Probably happened because you had a fairly high carb breakfast that sent the levels up and then very little carb at lunch - hence the big dip. Early days still.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
3.3mmol/l , is this what is known as a Hypo??. if so dont like it :(, took a few glucose tabs and a cereal bar, been 30 mins and i feel a little better, enough to type this, any advice would be welcome .

It is a hypo, but you did the right thing treating it to get your bg levels back up, the first few weeks are by far the worst but things will get easier in time.

Reactions: Guzzler

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi, Diagnosed Type 1 just over a week :(
Been managing my tests and insulin ok as i thought,
Today got up , level was at 7.6 mmol/l , had Granola and berries for breakfast.
tested before lunch, levels at 12.1 mmol/l, had a cheese,ham,mushroom omelet with steamed veg,
Havent done much of anything , sat watching TV and felt a little light headed, a little shaky, just tested now and my levels are at

Definitely a hypo - a reality for most of us if you're trying to maintain tight control. For me personally, the biggest challenge is not over compensating - in the past when I used to over-compensate I would go from a 2.8 to 20 - from one extreme to another and let me tell you, it completely wipes you out.

I wouldn't worry though, once you get used to your insulin reaction times and what foods have the best affect on you ,it does get easier. As well most of the guides are just that, guides .... a good place to start but there will definitely be a lot of trial and error. All the best!

Reactions: Guzzler and DaLe_t1