Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
i dont know whats going on
yesterday was daughters 16 (going on 30) birthday
she wanted fish and chips for tea
so i ate my fish and chips (without the batter)
then had birthday cake (butter icing)
30 mins 6.6
1 hour 6.3
2 hours 6.7
ive had chips before and glucose levels have been 11

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i dont know whats going on
yesterday was daughters 16 (going on 30) birthday
she wanted fish and chips for tea
so i ate my fish and chips (without the batter)
then had birthday cake (butter icing)
30 mins 6.6
1 hour 6.3
2 hours 6.7
ive had chips before and glucose levels have been 11

You don't mention what your pre-eating score was, but did you have a very busy day, getting it all ready, or a cheeky glass of vine, maybe? All those things can have an impact on the blood numbers.

Some might have found with such a high fat combo (the fried fish, chips and butter cream icing), their numbers would react a good deal more slowly than usual.

When results are very unusual, it can sometimes be worthwhile testing for, say, another hour, but for now I might be inclined to smile.

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
You don't mention what your pre-eating score was, but did you have a very busy day, getting it all ready, or a cheeky glass of vine, maybe? All those things can have an impact on the blood numbers.

Some might have found with such a high fat combo (the fried fish, chips and butter cream icing), their numbers would react a good deal more slowly than usual.

When results are very unusual, it can sometimes be worthwhile testing for, say, another hour, but for now I might be inclined to smile.
i forgot to check before i ate, i tend not to check as much as i should because it makes my anxiety worse when levels are a bit off
had nothing before
was in fact quite a stressful day