Strange goings on with Basal

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
well after speaking to my DSn I have had to reduce my night time basal by 50% from 12 midnight until 5am but still waking up with BS readings of 2.9 Tues & Wed, so last night I added a 10% decrease temp basal and STILL woke up with a BS of 2.8 this morning :banghead::banghead::banghead:, don't know whats going on. My cold has gone and I feel fine but Iam wondering if its because I returned to work on the 9th of this month and started having the lows the next day and since returning my workload has been alot more than it was before Christmas:wideyed:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That's a big decrease in overnight basal usage @Gaz-M , by the sounds of things it can only be your increased activity whilst returning to work.

Hope you get things sorted soon and you have restful nights sleep.

Reactions: Gaz-M

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Iam wondering if its because I returned to work on the 9th of this month and started having the lows the next day and since returning my workload has been alot more than it was before Christmas:wideyed:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like that may be a factor. Hope it settles soon, it's frustrating isn't it. Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: Gaz-M