Stressful day

Terry342

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic currently on 1 metaforming tablet a day , and like many posts I see in regard to being newly diagnosed haven't really got a clue! So far I have simply just watched what a eat cut down on sugar and carbs and bloods have dropped to around 6.8 -7.3 after meals but heres where I'm really confused I had a BG reading of 11.3 on Thursday but had a very stressful day could this have been the cause???? I hadn't eaten anything different from what I have since changing my diet?

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Terry342 welcome to the forum. Tagging @daisy1 for new member information for you.

Yes stress, illness and poor sleep can affect readings. There are some things we can control and some that we can't.

But sometimes if you get a weird result, wash hands and test again.

Terry342

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Alison thank you for the quick responseI double checked after reading come back the same. I'm trying to pick up what I can from this forum which has been absolutely brilliant to be honest.

Keep up the good work all

Reactions: igual88

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @Terry342 .. and welcome
I'm not certain about this but, as well as affecting your blood pressure, I have read that stress can also impact on your BS levels.

So far as T2 is concerned, since my diagnosis on 7th Feb, the folks on this forum have given me so much info, advice and support that I am now much more confident about the journey ahead .. and actually beginning to consider myself a bit of an "old hand". Still early for me but, in my experience, it gets easier .. very quickly :)

You may also find the following posts useful ...
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/taking-the-driving-seat.116651/
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-to-expect.117018/page-2#post-1399186

Hope this helps

Terry342

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@AM1874 thank you for your help sorry for the slow reply normally check out the forum daily for help and info but a busy life as kept me away. I have found this forum very helpful after finding the app via researching T2 and what a great find it was!

Reactions: AM1874