Struggling with low carb re-start

googlegoss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really need to get back onto a low carb diet as blood sugars all over the place and eating far too many carbs. Had a lot going on with family over the last 18 months and eating properly has totally gone to pot.

I dont have a problem with breakfast as tend to just eat bacon and egg every day and never get tired of it but lunches for work are my biggest problem. I hate salad so am stuck for ideas. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Surkrin can apparently be made into a wrap? also frittata is good. ooppsie bread with ham and cheese and mayo

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Do you really hate avocado pears ?, they are almost a meal by themselves.

googlegoss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your replies, will check out the amazon link. And yes I really do hate avocado. I have found the recipe for oopsie so will be trying this.

This forum has always been really helpful in the past and will be posting here again and hopefully get my act together!

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Leftovers from yesterday's evening meal
Tuna or chicken salad in lettuce wraps (I put avocado in mine, but I wouldn't recommend it to you) ;)
Turkey or ham & cheese rollups
Soup/stew
Cottage cheese & salsa with chia seed
Hardboiled eggs, raw veggies, and maybe 1/2 apple or 1/2 cup blueberries

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Lowcarbmegastore sell wraps at roughly (if I remember correctly) about 1/2 grams of carb. They make great wraps for coronation chicken etc.

googlegoss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone. Dawnmc I will be checking out lowcarbmegastore, thank you

Deskdoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
How about mixing some cream cheese and creme fraiche with three eggs, then season to taste (I use lots of garlic pepper). To this mix, add a bag of almost wilted spinach and crumble some Feta cheese on top (I cheat and use Aldi's greek type cheese) Stick it in the oven until set and golden around top. Delish hot or cold, with or without salad. Don't know what the calorific value would be though.

DD

Reactions: 2 people