struggling

martin_1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being ill .and idiots
good day one and all , i have been unemployed since my liver decided not to work for a while in 2005 i have chronic liver disease totally unrepairable, since 2005 i developed kidney disease / brittle diabetes / high bp /chronic pancreatitis / ulcerated colitis and i have a haematuria oh nearly forgot i have a tiny eye problem where you lose your central vision due to being brittle diabetic and just can not stabilize my bgs , i get a lot of hypers and hypos its a horrid way of liveing thats for sure. the problem is the dwp have me on a work program and expect me to seek voluntary work then paid and i can not get it through their thick demented minds at staines dwp its not going to go away ie on the last visit one of them said when do you expect to be better ? i bit my tongue and said these illnesses do not go in fact they will likely be the cause of my death if i dont hang myself on the way out that is , the reply was oh you will be ok when you start work again,. the advice i need is how do i convince these pee brained @@@@@@@ that i am actualy rather unwell ,in pain 24 hrs a day ,lose blood regulary ,have what i call walking hypos as i am unaware a lot of the time and in the lav rather a lot aswel loseing my mind dealing with life in general . i am pushing myself as hard as i can to get through everyday life and fighting depression as best as i can. they have the nhs notes but you know dwp i did ask my mp mr hammond and he recons its a good thing that i get back into full time work and all people that are ill should be on this programe so that was wasted time...thanks for reading what feels like a insane rant. take care you all martin b

martin_1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being ill .and idiots
Sorry to hear that Martin I pray u get better
good day one and all , i have been unemployed since my liver decided not to work for a while in 2005 i have chronic liver disease totally unrepairable, since 2005 i developed kidney disease / brittle diabetes / high bp /chronic pancreatitis / ulcerated colitis and i have a haematuria oh nearly forgot i have a tiny eye problem where you lose your central vision due to being brittle diabetic and just can not stabilize my bgs , i get a lot of hypers and hypos its a horrid way of liveing thats for sure. the problem is the dwp have me on a work program and expect me to seek voluntary work then paid and i can not get it through their thick demented minds at staines dwp its not going to go away ie on the last visit one of them said when do you expect to be better ? i bit my tongue and said these illnesses do not go in fact they will likely be the cause of my death if i dont hang myself on the way out that is , the reply was oh you will be ok when you start work again,. the advice i need is how do i convince these pee brained @@@@@@@ that i am actualy rather unwell ,in pain 24 hrs a day ,lose blood regulary ,have what i call walking hypos as i am unaware a lot of the time and in the lav rather a lot aswel loseing my mind dealing with life in general . i am pushing myself as hard as i can to get through everyday life and fighting depression as best as i can. they have the nhs notes but you know dwp i did ask my mp mr hammond and he recons its a good thing that i get back into full time work and all people that are ill should be on this programe so that was wasted time...thanks for reading what feels like a insane rant. take care you all martin b
thank you for the thoughts , much appreciated
Sorry to hear that Martin I pray u get better

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Are you on ESA Martin? If so, I'm guessing you're in the income related group, rather than the support group.
I would suggest you appeal, better with the help of CAB or something similar. But please make sure you have doctors/health care professionals letters to support your claim, without them your claim won't stand a chance. With all the issues you have, you should be able to provide plenty of evidence. Also you should consider applying for PIP -CAB can tell you more.

martin_1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being ill .and idiots
Are you on ESA Martin? If so, I'm guessing you're in the income related group, rather than the support group.
I would suggest you appeal, better with the help of CAB or something similar. But please make sure you have doctors/health care professionals letters to support your claim, without them your claim won't stand a chance. With all the issues you have, you should be able to provide plenty of evidence. Also you should consider applying for PIP -CAB can tell you more.
ladybird.....
i was on incapacity until 3 years ago and was put on the trial of esa/work program in surrey, so now i get esa/income support and care and mobility dla not pip as yet. i have had two tribunals in the last two years and they had all my nhs records and squashed it , i asked cab they said nothing els can be done ive been to the head of dwp in government and referd me back to staines dwp i have asked my mp and he said it a good thing that all people on long term sick do some form of work , i think i have tried everything but i must have another avenue i can follow ? on the 22/12/2015 i was given a council flat near the train station and the dwp said to me ( now you live near a station you can go anywhere for a job now ) ive only told them that i have problems with public transport a dozen or more times so as you can see i am hitting a brick wall at every turn and for some reason the doctors said i can do anything i want but stop when it gets too much so that was not helpfull at all.. one of the job centre staff said to me just before she took voluntary redundancy that because i take care in how i dress and clean and tidy and look well that my medical situation will never be taken seriously i begin to think its true but i lost my house my fiance my little buisness as well as the taxi i paid for her to start her own buisness 15 years ago but i refuse to lose my pride ,it should make no differance because i dress reasonably well and have that strange thing these days called manners . so as you can see i am lost. by the way the flat i was given took me since 2004 to get and that was because i told a councilor i am going to the papers about her wrong doings but its a roof of sorts ..thank you for the reply i thought that my letter would be ignored as i have a tendancy to rant and forget what i am writing but thats only happend since i become unwell. toodle pip for now love to one and all

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
They can not make you seek work or do voluntary work either if you are WRAG
Have a read of this http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/em...esa-glossary/1345-work-related-activity-group

In theory, the reality is different. Notice the part about "training and condition management" - roughly translated as "you'll go where we send you". Unless one has been on the receiving end of this, it would be difficult to believe just how much pressure is put on people, obviously with the intention of driving them off ESA, and onto JSA. If one refuses, benefit sanctions are put in place. Certain groups, such as learning disabled, and those with mental health issues are pushed into appalling situations by these "loopholes", as the majority of benefit advisors have one aim in mind, and it's certainly not their welfare. It's disgusting.
I'm going to add something personal. My daughter has been on DLA high rate for care and mobility since 5 years of age. She is unable to go out alone and needs 1-1 support. We had to apply for ESA for her, she was initially placed in the WRAG group. I was told she would have to attend interviews and training programmes every day, five miles from where we lived. She would be expected to attend, if she didn't, her benefit would be stopped. The fact she was on DLA went for nothing. Her needs, including multiple medications, four times daily insulin included, went for nothing. The fact that she was unable to go out alone, let alone travel miles on public transport went for nothing. They didn't give a **** and the facts counted for nothing - they withdrew the benefit after I told them they could put it where the sun doesn't shine.
I fough, and I do mean fought, this decision for over 9 months. It pushed me to the edge of a breakdown as I dealt with some absolutely hateful people - but at the end, she was placed in the support group. I'm tough and used to dealing with jobsworths - I pity those who are struggling and have to deal with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: catfan

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
In theory, the reality is different. Notice the part about "training and condition management" - roughly translated as "you'll go where we send you". Unless one has been on the receiving end of this, it would be difficult to believe just how much pressure is put on people, obviously with the intention of driving them off ESA, and onto JSA. If one refuses, benefit sanctions are put in place. Certain groups, such as learning disabled, and those with mental health issues are pushed into appalling situations by these "loopholes", as the majority of benefit advisors have one aim in mind, and it's certainly not their welfare. It's disgusting.

The reason the pressure is put on is because the company that does these schemes gets a nice fat bonus for everyone who they get into work.
It is illegal for the company to insist that people apply for jobs if in the WRAG group and if in the support group your presence is demanded check the wording if the word mandatory is not present then you ring them up and tell them ever so politely they have made a mistake or if in a bad mood tell em to widdle off.
I am fully aware of the pressure that is put on claimants in the WRAG group as watched what they tried to do to my younger brother. He left well alone now after a shirty Gertie letter was sent to them and the DWP.

Reactions: 2 people

martin_1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being ill .and idiots
it grieves me that people are going through this and it has made people commit suicide /homless and hungry , the dwp are very hatefull people and as is said the one and only aim is get you off benefits ! in 2007 i was very new to the diabetes and was trying to get to grips with what the doctors told me aswel as all the illnesess i had and progressing to get worse, i quote a st peters nhs consultant ,PEOPLE WITH THE CONDITIONS YOU HAVE RARELY LIVE 8-10 YEARS MAX AFTER DIAGNOSIS end quote . i realy was not feeling to good . i had a dwp appointment and was panicking because i had no cash to get to staines dwp the next thing i know is that i collapsed and called 999 ,while in ae i gave the nurse my appointment slip and got her to phone dwp after a small coma of 11 + hrs i was back home the next day > still foggy on that < and duely called dwp to be told that my payments have been stopped and i will have to start again . at the time i was diagnosed with cirohisis of the liver/ /kidney disease a few other things and told i was on a short lease of life and this was all documented with dwp and the @@@@@ stopped my funds including rent for 5-6 months and ended up homeless and in a worse condition than ever . AND PHILLIP HAMMOND IS A WITNESS TO THIS he didnt help untill i was so bad i was wishing i was dead. so yes is the answer to the ? and last year i approach hammond again about the dwp situation with people that are very unwell/disabled and he said its a GOOD thing that all mentall ill and disabled people are being put on these schemes so worse is yet to come i fear . one bit of advice to everyone read all dwp papers very closely and think before you sign and record all meetings as they lie like hell but dont tell them you are recording it as they wont interview or speak to you ... its a nasty nasty world we are in ,progression has gone backwards .. on a cheerfull note my cat mr nosey not the one in pic are sitting outside i have a tea and he is eating a prawn and for me that is the end to a beautiful day . toodle pip 4 now loves to all and keep your spirits up ,martin

martin_1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being ill .and idiots
The reason the pressure is put on is because the company that does these schemes gets a nice fat bonus for everyone who they get into work.
It is illegal for the company to insist that people apply for jobs if in the WRAG group and if in the support group your presence is demanded check the wording if the word mandatory is not present then you ring them up and tell them ever so politely they have made a mistake or if in a bad mood tell em to widdle off.
I am fully aware of the pressure that is put on claimants in the WRAG group as watched what they tried to do to my younger brother. He left well alone now after a shirty Gertie letter was sent to them and the DWP.
better late than never is my excuse for not being online , when i was first put on the work group they sent me to a company called A4E on my first visit the woman that done the initiation told me to appeal and that got turned down by dwp ,second visit i had to see the job adviser / appointer and that didnt go well so we made another appointment ( didnt go well because i had a hypo while waiting and the staff crapped themselfs ) third meeting i had a pocket recorder with me unknown to them and dureing the meeting i was told to sign some papers and i said only if i have a copy and was bluntly told you dont need copies as its for a4e,s use not yours and if you dont sign i will inform dwp and you will be sanctioned then i pulled the recorder out of my pocket and hes gone grey ,the meeting is susspended i need to see the manager ,i said and so would i , very strange that the office was suddenly empty of staff they cleard off and the manager was not in and i was asked to go, so i did straight to the dwp with recording and they said its nothing to do with them but if i would like to leave the recording with them they will see if head office would like to hear it my words were NO @@@@@@@@ WAY and took it to the police station after i copied it to my phone . 3 weeks later in the local paper the manager and several staff at a4e had been taken to court fined heavily and lost their jobs and a4e in staines was gone it would seem but under another name i have no doubt . moral of the story is be a scout be prepaired and record everything on the sly.....i have to go now as i have to bathe nosey cat,s back leg as he cut it on a nail sticking out of the fence and it needs tending to, wont need to prick my fingers to test later as i shall have a few holes in by the end of it..toodle pip for now loves to one and all martin . oh love the black dog and ginger cat and that reminds me of somthing i was told as a teenager about ginger pussys but i will behave and polite .enjoy

buick05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My partner went through the same as you having to go to a meeting every month for 2 years and he feels the same keep strong x

martin_1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being ill .and idiots
My partner went through the same as you having to go to a meeting every month for 2 years and he feels the same keep strong x
thank you.. i have recieved the atos test date for the 24/of this month and i thought atos had been replaced all the paperwork was headed atos wimbledon , yet another lie from dwp ! hope you both cope well with all and being on any benefit is no fun and coping with illnesses at the same time is a nightmare at times and we cope ,where we get the strength to carry on i dont know but we do .. take care and loves to all. martin

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Write to the minister for Health (whoever that is now) and also to THE Chair of the APPG for Diabetes at the House of Commons, London, SW1 0AA.

Ask got their help;
List your illnesses individually and how they affect you;
List the Consultants that have commented.
Summarise a conclusion at the end...

Send it and tell everybody from DWP that you have done this...

martin_1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being ill .and idiots
Write to the minister for Health (whoever that is now) and also to THE Chair of the APPG for Diabetes at the House of Commons, London, SW1 0AA.

Ask got their help;
List your illnesses individually and how they affect you;
List the Consultants that have commented.
Summarise a conclusion at the end...

Send it and tell everybody from DWP that you have done this...
sorry ive not been online for a while i had to get another dongle as the last one broke ,unfortunatly i have emailed 8 mps,the old pm ,dwp even a local councilor as a last resort and the few replies i have had have been we do not deal with this, i also emailed the bbc to ask them if they would like to come to the interview with me with hidden microphone ect but that still has no reply to it .. got no choice to go to the meeting on the 24 but will take recorder and ask them why i am not allowed to get up to date letters from my consultants and doctors and tell them ive had to cancel a blood presure and diabetic consultant on the 21 in order to have the cash to get to wimbledon for 9.20 am ,. i will be honest ive run out of steam now and my health has taken a crash through all this but i am only one of thousands. realy ****** off with cancelling the appointment but i need the cash for atos but am hoping i can get something done at my gps but i dont think i will as they dont have enough experience in diabetes,,...i thank you for the suggestions and if i can pull myself together a good bit i will try again ... toodle pip for now and loves to one and all

Duncan57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Martin-1967. You need to see a CAB Adviser or a Welfare Rights Adviser to help you apply to get in the support group of ESA and to get a benefit check as you may not be on the correct rates. If you get Income Based ESA you can claim back the cost of fares to hospital as you said you cancelled a hospital appointment so as to have the cash to attend a DWP appointment. If you can not use public transport due to health conditions, you can claim the cost of taxi fare but you will need your GP to confirm you are too ill or disabled to use public transport.

martin_1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being ill .and idiots
been away for a while , i got awarded esa and put on the supprt group but am still waitng from my local jobcentre to to see what happens from here, the 24 of last i had the atos interview for esa and ecause it was running 3 hours late i had a major hypo ie my legs went and the rest of me started to go and somehow i was able to pull myself in to a corner to rest against ,was only a couple of ft away ,think thats why i was awarded esa , mind you i had to listen to my recording to get it clear in my head exactly what happend but took a good week ,now the best bit the day after the interview my doctor said i everything was fine and to get a job and i wrote a letter to his practice partner who has been dealing with me since day 1 and got ask to see dr x again and apparently i was wrong in what i heard but when i said i was not it started to get ugly especialy when i got the recorder out of my pocket and said if you want a copy of the things you said please download it or we can give it to a independant person to review everything got very VERY awkward and he retracted the claim . its all been very ugly and painfull and i hope its over ?for a while at least..and duncan i had a cab advisor sort my rates out a while ago and did a very good job but could not get me a social worker or any other help . the lady at cab did say at the time i have never had so much trouble dealing with a claim and you have all the nhs paperwork going back to 2004 its almot like the council and dwp are trying to make a example of you and say the consultants are wrong.. either way i can still keep this flat and have still a tiny bit of pride left to try and build on it now for the next bit how on earth do i a 49 single male since 2007 when my girlfriend died get to meet decent ladys again without going to a pub as i do not drink and have become very isolated personaly . answers on a postcard please . thank you all for help and understanding LOVES TO ALL AND TOODLE PIP 4 NOW....

Spiderpugg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hia martin,i know how u feel.my daughter works in homeless charity and takes some clients to thier esa assessments.even she's sick of seeing all of them pass just because theyre alcoholics.they go ****** up,**** themselves on purpose,rant & swear & sail thru on full esa.yet other homeless who have mental ,or physical health probs including amputations from diabetes are regularly denied it.this government really do have blood on their hands the way they treat ill people.i really hope u get your benefits.good luck and best wishes.keep up the fight and dont let the bastards get u down.

martin_1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being ill .and idiots
thank you, it seems that i have been awarded esa on support programme but at the esa meeting that was running 3 hrs late apx i had a major hypo ie 1.8 mmol and got told to go to a cafe and get somthing to eat wel after a lot of bad language a bottle of lucozade and a threat to sue them i was seen and things are looking ok for a while and hopfully longer but they put me hell thats for sure and theirs not a nasty enough word i can think of to describe them, . toodle pip 4 now