Diet only
Livlife is good, just over 3g carbs per small slice. I prefer it to HiLo

Moiraf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having Type 2, having seasonal Hayfever, idiots who think they know all about Diabetes after reading a Daily Mail article.
I go for gluten free seeded wraps, you can spread it with yogurt, hummus (home made is best, no nasties) a sprinkle of chilli flakes (boosts your metabolism) and shove salad and feta (or other cheese) in it. I love bread but .........

Reactions: Squeekyboy

Emmasndco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another vote for Livlife, it tastes like normal granary/seeded bread. The only thing is I don't like it toasted. I buy it from Waitrose.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another vote for Livlife, it tastes like normal granary/seeded bread. The only thing is I don't like it toasted. I buy it from Waitrose.
Haven't found any yet but will try it.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I go for gluten free seeded wraps, you can spread it with yogurt, hummus (home made is best, no nasties) a sprinkle of chilli flakes (boosts your metabolism) and shove salad and feta (or other cheese) in it. I love bread but .........
If the Warburton's ones are typical then at 29g per wrap they are not exactly low carb.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Fathead pizza crust made as a rectangle then cut into smaller squares. Tough enough to make a sandwich out of and very low carb. Also very tasty.

Damtov8

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Flax seed bread
2 tablespoons almond flour
1 tablespoon of flaxseed
1 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
One egg
Half a teaspoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of garlic powder

(C5/f58/p17 )

Method:
Mix all ingredients together well
Put in the microwave dish
90 seconds microwave
Slice in 2
Put slice of yellow cheese, small slice of tomato and olives in or chorizo and cheese and then 1 minute in the cheese toaster.

Yummy!

Hotpepper20000

Flax seed bread
2 tablespoons almond flour
1 tablespoon of flaxseed
1 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
One egg
Half a teaspoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of garlic powder

(C5/f58/p17 )

Method:
Mix all ingredients together well
Put in the microwave dish
90 seconds microwave
Slice in 2
Put slice of yellow cheese, small slice of tomato and olives in or chorizo and cheese and then 1 minute in the cheese toaster.

Yummy!
Thank you!!!

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Hi @JossandJess

If you do want to continue eating bread, I second LivLife (also available from Morrisons if you can't get to Waitrose). I used my Libre to compare a few breads on another thread if you want to see the details: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...nd-flour-act-as-a-low-carb-food.119122/page-2

Sainsbury's HiLo was quite good. (I haven't been able to obtain Lidl bread yet.)

Ps. I'm not T2 and don't avoid carbs.

Reactions: Mark_1

Jay-Marc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ocado also sell HiLo and LivLife. Personally I prefer the former as the latter seems to me to taste of cardboard. Each to their own of course.

Reactions: dbr10

Squeekyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
TV: don't watch TV, find most programs boring.Don't have a telly now but do watch videos now & then on a monitor.
Fathead pizza crust made as a rectangle then cut into smaller squares. Tough enough to make a sandwich out of and very low carb. Also very tasty.
@chalup, hi there, I like the sound of that but where can I buy it from please? Sqeekyboy:)

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love bread but now being T2 I need to cut it out, what do others eat instead? Would crackers like rivetta be okay?
As far as I am concerned there is no substitute for real bread so a couple of times a week I have a two small slices of wholemeal toasted bread...I hate the seedy stuff that some here have....Another member said Warburton I think do a high protein loaf that she has and she said some other supermarkets do an own brand one. Yes Ryvita crackers are ok and some have oat crackers to

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
@Squeekyboy as far as I know you can't buy it. Just throw all the ingredients in a food processor, mix, flatten on parchment paper, bake, and eat. There are recipes all over the internet.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
fathead pizza
6oz of grated edam or mozzarella - mild cheese
3 oz of almond flour
2 tbsp cream cheese
mix together in a warm bowl
Add an egg and any flavouring you like.
Roll out quite thin between two layers of parchment paper
place on a baking tray and remove the top layer of paper, then make holes all over as for shortbread
bake for 12-15 minutes at 220 degrees C until lightly browned and as crisp as you like.
Turn the disc over, if soft, replace in the oven for a couple of minutes.
Add toppings if for a pizza - all meats should be cooked already, place in oven for 5 minutes to heat up/melt cheese