Sugar levels high

sterling214

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Soaps reality tv
I have been t2b for 5years + & without warning or change of meds has jumped from 7 to 30. No change of diet, checked tester, really thirsty, sore throat. Any clues??

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you are unwell with cold/flu symptoms you will likely see a rise in your BS. Keep drinking lots of water and get well soon.

sterling214

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Soaps reality tv
Hope you feel better soon, keep testing bg
Finally got a response from db nurse.told me to double my sudarko meds & I'll see you in November. Not too happy with this as I have an appointment for 22nd November & my bg is 38.5.

Lally123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally got a response from db nurse.told me to double my sudarko meds & I'll see you in November. Not too happy with this as I have an appointment for 22nd November & my bg is 38.5.
If mine was that high I would ring 111 or take myself off to A and E that is way way too high and you will get sick. Definitely needs sorting and sorting put very quickly

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

Can you confirm that you are talking about 38.5mmol/l? This is a dangerously high level and as already suggested, I think you should be seeking urgent medical attention.

These high blood sugars could be the cause of your thirst. Basically, your body makes you thirsty so that you drink more to help flush out glucose. Are you losing weight also?

sterling214

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Soaps reality tv
Gone down a bit today 30.4. But have drank maybe 20 pints of water & seem to be getting a cold.

sterling214

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Soaps reality tv
Db nurse didn't seem too bothered and said she would see me in February not November, my mistake. I have to take alot of painkillers as i am waiting for a knee replacement & this is effecting my hip & back so taking nerve suppression tabs aswell. Had injections yesterday and doc has said to increase my tabs by 50%

sterling214

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Soaps reality tv
Do you have the means to test for ketones?

If your BG is 38.5mmol/l you need to get yourself to A&E.
No i have no means of testing my ketones. BG is still high but it is coming down, 22.4 this am, BP up a touch for me. 154/105. Still drinking loads of water over 20 pints per day. Lost about 20lbs in the last 2 weeks. I was told to double my suddarko which i have. No sign of a cold or flu? Just off to see my pharmacist for more pills and some kind of water supplement, salts etc