Suggestions for vegetarian/vegan cookbook (Xmas pressie)

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
It’s almost that time of year and I’m being asked what I want for Christmas and perhaps other members are too. So, do you have any recommendations for a vegetarian (or vegan) cookbook?

I have most of the classics (Rose Elliot, Cranks, River Cottage, etc.), but don’t have any low carb books. I don’t do keto or weight loss, but others may be interested if you have any good suggestions.

If you’re just starting out as a vegetarian, look out for a used copy of Rose Elliot’s “New vegetarian cookbook” - I know most of the recipes off by heart, I’ve made them that often (simple, wholesome food). Perhaps I should just ask for her low carb vegetarian book?

It almost goes without saying, but I must: don’t mention any celebrity chef books with 6 veg recipes and 94 meat/fish ones :)

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Hi @Contralto

Thanks for your suggestions: in particular, I’ve not heard of William Shurtleff before.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks again @Contralto although I’m not planning on beginning a cottage industry anytime soon! Feeding a growing family when they all come to visit does feel like it :)

Again, the Moosewood books are new to me, so thank you.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Of anyone’s interested, the Vegetarian Society have been asking members to vote for their favourite cook books; the winners being:

1. River Cottage Veg Everyday

2. Prashad

3. 15 Minute Vegan

Care of https://www.vegsoc.org/

I can recommend the first one!

Reactions: MsMelis and EllieM

Duffysmum

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to be so late in adding to this one, but I have just bought River Cottage Much More Veg - really good for vegans/vegetarians and is inclusive for those who eat meat with the dishes, a really good all round book.
:)

Reactions: Ledzeptt

pennyjnewton

Bosh have just brought out a cookbook. Gaz Oakley has brought out Vegan100 and I have all the Green Kitchen Stories, Anna Jones and Deliciously Ella cookbooks

Reactions: Ledzeptt