JamesW2612

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hey,
When my sugars are hight i find that i get VERY HOT! I dont really sweat major but i struggle with the heat. .
A friend of mine is a type 2 diabetic and she only needs to walk from one room to another and she is sweating, she finds it embarrassing!

Reactions: Freema

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. My sweating has eased off a lot and like Yorkie68 I have been on the LCHF diet. That is the only thing I have changed, my weight is coming off, BG coming down, HBa1c down so must be doing something right. When I told my doctor and nurse that I was going on the LCHF diet they weren't to keen, but they are very impressed with the results I have been getting! Take care. ;)

MellitusTrap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I had to create an account so I could chime in here too... Today I was feeling fine, movin' around just a little bit, then doing a presentation... it was warm-ish, but it wasn't hot, air was moving, I was not nervous... right after I finished the presentation I looked down and noticed that darn circle of sweat soaking through my shirt under my neck. So embarrassing, so gross!! Then I could feel the wetness from the base of my hairline right down to my upper chest...

Late last summer I noticed by chance that if I took a 'choline citrate' tablet before I was active that I wouldn't get super sweaty from barely moving around... but the pills are huge, and I keep forgetting why I was taking them... has anyone else noticed this?

About me, I'm 45ish, from USA, had gestational diabetes 10 years ago, and happen to have a high fasting blood sugar (and so does my son). My A1C blood tests always come out great, so no diabetes yet. A cardiologist told me I definitely had metabolic syndrome X, one aspect of which is insulin resistance, and I believe that. I, my son,and my mom get crazy affected by heat... wilt like a flower in heat, and light from certain lightbulbs and sun feels terrible on our skin (but no rash)... anyway, if anyone notices choline citrate (or one of the two) stops them from sweating profusely from their hairline down their necks and upper chest, comment please : )

I'm interested to know more about choline citrate

happier than you

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been sweating bad over 20 years. Certainly when my blood glucose has been higher, i sweat more, but i always sweat a lot anyway. I pretty much only sweat on my head and neck, which is so annoying when people say things like use anti-perspirant! What...on my head?? Strangely it's at it's worse when it rains. Any moisture in the air makes me sweat buckets, even when the temperature is quite cold. Much more than hot summer days when it's dry. Like others, i saw my GP and he wasn't really interested. Unless you're about to drop dead, they don't really care less what's wrong with you. When i sweat, i get all nervous and twitchy and that makes me sweat even more. But i sweat a lot when i'm just sat at home doing nothing too. My head is always warm, even when my legs are cold. I pretty much never sweat on my bottom half and even my armpits only sweat a normal amount even when i'm exercising. It's all on my forehead and neck.

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
Oh I can tell you I been sweating a lot more last few weeks and the dr told me go boots and get menopause tablets how rude is that. On top of that this metformin is making me feel ill 24/7 I want to stop these meds I think they pump us with to much medication sometimes .

Muddles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bossy people.
Thought I'd chip in regards the head sweating. I suffer terribly, the sweat drips from my eyebrows into my eyes and I look as if soemeone's thrown a bucket of water over my head. The sweat runs down from the back of my head down my back too, it's horrible. And my hair is soaking wet as if I've just washed it. There's no sweat anywhere else on my body just head and neck, and occasionally the front triangle of my chest below my neck.

I don't think mine is connected to my diabetese. I went thru the change at 49 with no hot flushes or any symptoms of the menopause, I was so lucky. But about 3 or 4 yrs ago this excessive head sweating started. I don't go red at all.

I mentioned it to a couple of doctors who said it was probably because I was overweight I don't agree with that. As someone else said some overweight folk don't suffer with excessive head sweats. I don't think it's connected to my diabetes because I've run a test on what I eat and when I sweat, and there's no connection I can see.

Mine can come on from walking a few steps, sitting still watching tv or at the computer, cold or hot weather, there's no pattern to it.

Talking to a friend who is post menopause she too is experiencing the same thing and she's definately not diabetic.

I recently had a full blood panel done to find out if my hormones were out of balance, and see the doctor in 2 weeks for the results (long wait to see a specific doctor here).

When talking about this to women friends, a lot of them have the same problem and put it down to delayed symptoms of the menopause, sometimes by 10yrs. One friend has an elderly mother of 72 who has had these head sweats since she was 73, 11 years after she went through the menopause.

However, this doesn't explain why men get it. But then on reading more about it, men do go through some kind of male menopause and their hormones are affected, so maybe it is just hormone imbalance for both sexes?

I did read on the internet (I can hear the groans from here lol) there is a condition called Hyperhidrosis. Here's a link to the international hyperhidrosis website http://www.sweathelp.org/where-do-you-sweat/sweaty-face-and-head.html

I'll post up my hormone level results when I get them, and what the doctor has to say about mine when I've seen her in 2 weeks.

happier than you

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes i'm male and it started with me in my 20s. Wasn't overweight at all, though i did drink a lot of alcohol. I also got exposed to a fair amount of pesticides, my own fault not using a mask, which may or may not be relevant. Around the same time i started losing my libido so i think there's probably some kind of hormonal issue going on. My testosterone level was tested as "normal" but when i checked the numbers on the internet it was very marginal. Right on the low end of normal.

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
Hi, I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago and take metformin. My problem is that I am sweating profusely nearly all day and through the night, it is so embarrassing. Is this normal?

I find sweating seems to come on for me when my sugars are a little high