Swine flu vaccine - children with type 1

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After that previous post of mine Jess was fine for about a day and then her temp shot up again together with her BS readings. Same thing happened to her brother who also has swine flu (he got it two days after Jess came down with it). By the next morning things were back to normal again and now they once again seem to be over it apart from a lagging cough but that too seems to be getting better slowly. My husband and I are now just waiting for our turn to get it, surprised we haven't come down with it yet as it's supposedly so infectious.

Shazza

Hi Son has to go for swine flu jab, flu jab and pnemonia jab all in the same appt will it be one jag for all or 3 seperate?

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Shazza, I'm not sure about the pneumonia vaccine but we received the appointment card through for the seasonal flu and swine flu vaccine, the impression I have from the note is that the two are separate injections. They also mentioned that a booster would be needed for the swine flu vaccine 3-5 weeks later.

btw, we've decided that Jess won't be having the vaccine (swine flu or seasonal). It was a tough decision and not taken lightly but there were other issues apart from her diabetes that we gave consideration to when we made the decision.