Swollen fingers and toes only in hot weather

ajaj65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bananas, pears, yogurt, soaps, reality programs
Hi have type 1 diabetics, neroupathy peripheral, a stern and arthritis in ankle . In this weather my fingers and feet swell up and are painful. I only see my doctor once a year,for a check up and that was useless haven't seen consultant in 2/3years . Is there anything I can do to easy the swelling and the pain

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Hi apart from putting a cold compress on you feet etc not really know what else you can do it's really a medical matter why haven't you seen you're consultant for 2_3 yrs it should be every 6to12 months if I was you I would certainly go back to your doctor and get referred back to your hospital to see if they can sort this out good luck with this?.

Hotpepper20000

Before I was diagnosed I also had very swollen feet in the summer. I realize now that my BG must have been too high because the last summer I didn't have that problem. Also I was drinking a lot of mineral water in the summer and it has salt in it so I wasn't hydrating enough.

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
Hi have type 1 diabetics, neroupathy peripheral, a stern and arthritis in ankle . In this weather my fingers and feet swell up and are painful. I only see my doctor once a year,for a check up and that was useless haven't seen consultant in 2/3years . Is there anything I can do to easy the swelling and the pain
Keep hydrated and sit with your feet up whenever you can - get it checked out though fluid retention can be caused by under lying problems