T2 but 'don't fit criteria' diagnosed March

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
Hi all this is a good idea - a wee new Diabetics nursery :lol:

I wonder what the cut off is for new diagnosed? 6mths/year?

I can't believe it's been several months since I was told officially what a worry it was - a bit wiser since but still got a waaaay to go yet and still so many questions but thankfully so many folk here to answer or share their experiences which is just as invaluable.

My story's here if anyone's interested - It's all going to be concluded (one way or another) when I see the Diabetologist on 24th August.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20305

This forum has been my no.1 most accessed website of all - it's been great as I have so many questions and I've found this is the only place I can ask without fear of sounding daft.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

I guess it's like when you start a new job, how long are you classed as the newbie? until someone else starts working there? :)

I think there's so much to learn about diabetes everyone will probably always have things to learn or experience.

Glad the forum has become a great help to you like myself and many others :)

Sanober

Dislikes
Thanks Ebony,

your response in particular when I was feeling really down on the early morning readings thread was really calming, thank you. I'm still not ready to post any as they're not any better :lol:

But I've had to accept, it's not my fault and I'm still new and I've only just started to test (I think all Diabetics feel like it's their fault if the readings are not good at some time of another) And it really is all about one step at a time for me - I just need to see what adjustments I can make on guidance from the forum until the medical folks determine the next steps.

I sense that you're naturally a kind and patient person :D

You are full of interesting questions and brilliant when it comes to sharing details of how you get through your situations.

ebony321

Dislikes
Awwwe, bless you. Thankyou for you kind words :)

Everyone will always be at different stages with their diabetes and have different factors in control.

Hope you feel confident to post again, whatever the result may be :)

Alot of people in the forum helped me when i was starting out, confused and didn't know much. The forum has been a great part in me learning and progressing to get better control, so i hope i can be of the same help to others too :)

all the best, i genuinely believe everyone has useful input for the foum no matter how experienced or knowledgeable they are.:)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi, its fantastic that everyone helps with a freely given offer of genuine encouragement and support. We are all on the same voyage [journey] and working together to keep the ship [forum] going safetly and well. Sanober please do join us on other threads when you feel ready to, dont worry over the numbers of your BS readings , mine are often high and yet out of control and I post there too. Ebony has some great and accurate pointers there in her posts. We are here to help you along, ask all the questions you feel/need to. Anna.x :D

Sanober

Dislikes
Thanks Anna

on that note, I've just this moment posted my morning reading on the relevant thead from today (think my 2 G&T coupled with yours and Ebony's supportive comments helped me get a bit braver).

:lol:

ebony321

Dislikes
I noticed just now you had posted on the fasting readings thread (even if it did need a few G&T's :lol: ) :D . Looks like Viv could give you some advice and tips too so that's great :)

I've been a busy bee this weekend so only just found time to visit the forum :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi, well done !! great to see you there with us all, like ebony says you are already getting some great suggestions and guidance from viv. Hope to see you there again tomorrow? Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going. Anna.x :D