T2D -15 months in - the story continues

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
15 months in - :joyful::joyful:

Brief details of my history are in my signature but here is a quick update.

I don't have a complete breakdown of my latest test results yet (taken on the 5th September,) because the earliest DN appt. I could get is for the 18th. but I phoned the Health Centre today to see if they were back and had been checked (they won't give you the info until a doctor has checked it but will phone you immediately if something is abnormal :)).

Apparently they are all marked 'normal' and my HbA1c is 26 :)
When I weighed myself this morning I have just made it into the 'overweight' BMI band having started in the 'morbidly obese' category. To say I'm delighted is a huge understatement!

Daily I try to keep carbs to below 80g, proteins between 60 and 75 g and the remainder as fat.

I have been restricting calories too to an extent because I had such a huge amount of weight to lose but going forward am now intending to increase healthy fat calories slowly (with as little highly processed veggie oil as possible),

Ideally I would like to lose another 5-10 kg but if it takes a while it's ok. I like to think that my HbA1c will allow for some gentle diet experimentation on the way ;)

I couldn't have come so far without the help, support and advice of all of you here, particularly the Low Carb and T2 sections so a big 'THANK YOU'

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @geeful ..
Wow !! .. well done and many congrats on your excellent results :happy::happy:

Reactions: ziggy_w

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I don't have a complete breakdown of my latest test results yet (taken on the 5th September,) because the earliest DN appt. I could get is for the 18th. but I phoned the Health Centre today to see if they were back and had been checked (they won't give you the info until a doctor has checked it but will phone you immediately if something is abnormal :)).

When I weighed myself this morning I have just made it into the 'overweight' BMI band having started in the 'morbidly obese' category. To say I'm delighted is a huge understatement!

Daily I try to keep carbs to below 80g, proteins between 60 and 75 g and the remainder as fat.

I have been restricting calories too to an extent because I had such a huge amount of weight to lose but going forward am now intending to increase healthy fat calories slowly (with as little highly processed veggie oil as possible),

Ideally I would like to lose another 5-10 kg but if it takes a while it's ok. I like to think that my HbA1c will allow for some gentle diet experimentation on the way ;)

I couldn't have come so far without the help, support and advice of all of you here, particularly the Low Carb and T2 sections so a big 'THANK YOU'
Wow well done indeed.. HbA1c is amazing.. many congrats.

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Congrats @geefull -- what a wonderful results and what a great achievement

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Excellent results @geeful! Well done! :)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Truly astonishing.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! Such amazing results! Very well done, I'm so happy for you and thanks for telling us. :)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for sharing! You've done so well, and sharing your story will help to inspire those who are new here and feeling lost.

Keep up the amazing work.