T2D "resolved"

Robkww

Down to this forum I am now off medication:- Sep 16 (Diagnosis) - 7.7% ; Jan 17 (1000 mg Metformin) - 5.0%; Mar 17 (500 mg Metformin) - 5.2%. Another hba1c in June 17 to check all is OK.

All done, in my case, by carb reduction and a bit of exercise. If you had told me this was feasible back in September at diagnosis I would not have believed it. I would urge everyone to learn from the Forum and try to improve your personal situation as far as you can - every little bit helps.

Thanks to all, the fight goes on!

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Down to this forum I am now off medication:- Sep 16 (Diagnosis) - 7.7% ; Jan 17 (1000 mg Metformin) - 5.0%; Mar 17 (500 mg Metformin) - 5.2%. Another hba1c in June 17 to check all is OK.

All done, in my case, by carb reduction and a bit of exercise. If you had told me this was feasible back in September at diagnosis I would not have believed it. I would urge everyone to learn from the Forum and try to improve your personal situation as far as you can - every little bit helps.

Well done you. I am getting there. Off metformin and lost over 1 stone so far. Way to go yet.keep up the good fight!

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Massive well done. ! I love posts like this.
I see hesitant newly diagnosed diabetics being very doubtful all the time, but when like you, they become proactive and take control there are some amazing results :)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!

Very well done - I'm the same - off meds and over 3 stone lighter (though still a work in progress!). Just shows what can be done!

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good afternoon @Robkww my friend congratulations and a well done from me;)

virtual-office-cyprus-gold-rKNx8C-clipart.png

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done @Robkww! And thanks for posting, it's always good to hear of successes and encouraging for those who are starting on their journey to controlling this condition.:)

Reactions: Swiggy and Robkww