T2s: What was your fasting BG this morning, and what did you eat yesterday?

D

Deleted member 371625

Food yesterday

Breakfast: Scrambled egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast (1/2 slice, seeded), Juice (1 orange, 1 passion fruit) {282 Cal / 16.2g Carbs}
................2 mile walk

Snack: Tangerines, almonds {120 Cal / 11.3g Carbs}

Lunch: Tomato & basil soup, toast (1/2 slice, seeded) / Avocado, prawns {240 Cal / 19.7g Carbs}
................2 mile walk

BG (6pm) 4.4
Dinner: Paella {233 Cal / 35.4g Carbs}
BG (8.00, 90min pp) 7.4 ouch!
BG (9.30, 3hr pp) 5.5

Dessert: Chaource cheese, strawberries, cashews {158 Cal / 6.6g Carbs}

Calories 1341
Carbs 116g

FBG today 4.8
All food cooked from scratch. If you would like any recipes, please just ask.

Reactions: Quirkybee
D

Deleted member 371625

Food yesterday (wed. 15/3)

Breakfast: Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Granola (home made, sugar free), Almond milk /
King Prawns, Avocado {237 Cal / 13.5g Carbs}
................3 mile walk

Snack: Nectarine, goat cheese, almonds {173 Cal / 5.5g Carbs}

Lunch: Omelette (mushroom, tomato, Parma ham), toast (1 slice, seeded) {348 Cal / 15.2g Carbs}
................6 mile walk

BG (6pm) 4.0
Dinner: Cottage Pie [Left overs from Monday], carrots, cauliflower, runner beans, sweetcorn {428 Cal / 28.9g Carbs}
Dessert: Chocolate & raspberry torte (vs piece), raspberries, yoghurt{162 Cal / 10.7g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1441
Carbs 83g

FBG today 4.7

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Granny_grump_

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now this morning is odd...

Had a bad huge food day yesterday just under 4000 calories a lot of nuts.. these seem to be my nemesis and I can't resist once I have started. Macadamias and peanuts(ok not really nuts and also quite carby) so I ended up having 32g of carbs which is probably double my usual amount and woke up to

Haven't got on the scales yet.. but don't think I have turned into Jason Wittrock yet but will report ketones and weight later..

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
A yoghurt, ounce of cheese, prawn stir fry and coli rice a glass of coors lite and 2 squares 85% chocolate
6.2 this morning

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
5.9 this morning, eat half an advocado and two boiled eggs yesterday in morning 1-45 mins later tested my BG was 4.9
Evening meal liver and onions two slices bacon green beans,cauliflower cup tea.
The breakfast was a trial break from fasting to see what different foods have on my BG ,was it the Advocado? K

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is interesting.
This morning I got 4 mmol/l
Yesterday the postprandial after two hours was 7.5

I had eaten this Flammkuchen that was a load of carbs and fats, and a big salad with lettuce, hot peppers and cauliflowers, and a pear. I was expecting a peak due the 65 grams of carbs of the Flammkuchen I wasn't expecting a low fasting BG. Maybe was the glass ow wine I took after measuring the postprandial?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Highly unlikely as it was eaten a long time before bed..
Onions maybe or it could be that your body like mine it seems just does what it bloody well wants whatever I put in it...
Maybe we are just phenomena!K

Reactions: bulkbiker

Old_Dave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday morning 6.1 at 6.50am coffee and milk
Forgot to test rest of day has my sister and granddaughter where coming for Sunday meal.
Brunch around 11am gammon 1 fried egg in olive oil.
Evening meal 5 pm 1 roast potatoe,roast beef carrots turnip cauliflower broccoli
I was naughty today had 1 small slice of gateau with 1 scoop of ice cream

Checked bloods at 9.30 pm 5.4 surprised has last time I had any carbs by BG shot to 10.1

Today BG this morning 6.1 @ 6.25 am
After an hours walk with dogs it dropped to 5.8 at 9.30 am
I do intermittent fasting and no carbs eating only between 11 am and 5 pm two meals per day started 6 weeks ago lost 1stone upto last Tuesday weigh in day, weigh myself tomorrow and see what it is.
Finding that not eating carbs and intermittent fasting has helped reduce BG and the bonus is weight loss,well more than that it is fat loss from body I'm now nearly 3 dress sizes down. Feeling really good .K
Fellow T2s, there's clearly a link between what we put in our mouth on one day and what our numbers are the following morning and I, for one would be really interested to see the connection between the 2. There are currently 2 different threads for this information but no connection. Shall we join them up?

For example, my bloods were 6.9 this morning and I am working hard to reduce them with a LCHF diet.

Yesterday for breakfast I had coffee with cream, lunch was some pate and celery and a spoon of peanut butter and dinner was stewed green beans, cauliflower, tomatoes and garlic with some grated cheese and 2 fried eggs. I was hungry at bedtime so had some cheese.

Old_Dave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
BG this morning was 8.9 - the lowest it has been for years but have just changed regime to include late night correction injection so maybe thats that. Probably changing meds to cut the amount of insulin and replace with Victoza/? mix. Was on Victoza years ago but was taken off it due to kidneys playing up or possibly not playing up.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well interesting .. ketones still at 1.4 so even after more carbs than usual still in ketosis and weight virtually unchanged still up and down the same 2 pounds.
However will not be repeated today

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yesterday breakfast was cheese on toast low carb bread then went all to pot lunch was half portion of chips with curry sauce dinner was braised steak with dauphinoise potatoes.

My fbg this morning was 5.9.

helga_t75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
...or it could be that your body like mine it seems just does what it bloody well wants whatever I put in it...

I hear you.

I fell off the low carb wagon at the weekend, because I was running a course at my place and surrounded by home made chocolate brownies. Did OK really, but saw a 16.2 on Sunday after half a brownie. Yes half a brownie.

Have had the libre in for a week now and it's really interesting to see my morning rise. But today I got back on the wagon, had coffee and cream for breakfast, with mince and cabbage cooked in butter for lunch (left over from dinner yesterday). I've been outside gardening all day, including some fairly hefty digging... And I've been very level all day, but between 9.1 and 9.3! Rising quickly after I got up, even though I had some coffee with some fat.

I don't understand.

Was cold and hungry this evening, had finished all the cabbage and mince, so I've had ham, 2 fried eggs and a portion of chip shop chips. Washed down with red wine. Currently 10.7. Be interesting to see where this goes.

Time to get back in to ketosis I think. Was really missing my greens tho.

Onwards.

D

Deleted member 371625

Food yesterday (Thursday 16/3)

Breakfast: Poached duck egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast (1/2 slice, seeded) /
Orange juice (1 orange) {297 Cal / 13.9g Carbs}
................3.5 mile walk

Snack (10am): Parma ham, cantaloupe, peanuts {141 Cal / 5.5g Carbs}

Lunch: Tomato & basil soup, toast (1/2 slice, seeded) / Nectarine, goat cheese, pistachios{271 Cal / 25.2g Carbs}
................3.5 mile walk

BG (6pm) 4.1
Dinner: Chicken Milanese, fries (50g), insalata tricolore {445Cal / 18.4g Carbs}
Dessert: Strawberry Tart [lowish carb] {147 Cal / 9.6g Carbs}

5 cups of coffee too.

Calories 1440
Carbs 89g

FBG today, 4.9

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
BG this morning 6.0
Yesterday I had omelette 3 mushroos1 bratwurst sausage 1 slice bacon 2 eggs 1/2 a Advocado cup tea.
Evening meal
Salmon with green basil pesto sauce 2/3 tsp spread on top of salmon, green beans, cauliflower.
Supper to try and lower BG in mornings
2 strawberries, 6 raspberries, 2 tbsp full fat yogurt and 1 tbsp cream single. K

D

Deleted member 371625

BG this morning 6.0
Yesterday I had omelette 3 mushroos1 bratwurst sausage 1 slice bacon 2 eggs 1/2 a Advocado cup tea.
Evening meal
Salmon with green basil pesto sauce 2/3 tsp spread on top of salmon, green beans, cauliflower.
Supper to try and lower BG in mornings
2 strawberries, 6 raspberries, 2 tbsp full fat yogurt and 1 tbsp cream single. K
Watercress good with salmon too.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My lowest BG this week Wednesday 5.8 at 5.10 am cup coffee with milk. 9.40 had brunch early Has was out for day. It was 6.5 before food had1/2 Advocado and 2 boiled eggs cup tea, 11.25 2 hours after brunch it had dropped to 4.9. Went out but needed a coffee with cream around 2 pm felt a bit light headed,but hadn't had a drink since morning think that was the reason and low BG.
Evening meal liver and onions with bacon cauliflower and green beans. Sorry didn't do BG , following morning Thursday 5.9 .I'm not on meds. Haven't been on meds for six years since I lost 4. 1/2 stone taken off blood pressure meds,statins, and metformin, never been back on any of them. Don't intend doing when this eating plan works! Been diabetic type 2 for 17 years,this is the only time I've been so in control and it's down to this site. K

Last edited:
Reactions: Pauntiep
D

Deleted member 371625

Food yesterday (Friday 17/3)

Breakfast: Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Granola (home made, sugar free), Almond milk /
Serano ham, cantaloupe {201 Cal / 16.8g Carbs}
................3 mile walk

Snack (10am): Peach, goat cheese, peanuts {178 Cal / 6.1g Carbs}

Lunch: Chicken Milanese, insalata tricolore / Strawberry tart {461 Cal / 12.6g Carbs}
................6 mile walk

BG (6pm) 4.3
Dinner: Breaded haddock, fries (70g), peas {261 Cal / 23.2g Carbs}
Dessert: Strawberries, raspberries, nectarine, yoghurt {84 Cal / 10.8g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): 90% chocolate (20g), marsala {215 Cal / 11.5g Carbs}

5 cups of coffee too.

Calories 1544
Carbs 96g

FBG today, 5.0

FBG since diagnosis (3 months)

upload_2017-3-18_6-16-1.png

Reactions: Ultramum

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBS 5.2 this morning.
Yesterday B/Fast was Greek yoghurt with blueberries and sprinkling of granola
Lunch - Salt beef sandwich (bread was 10g carbs per slice) and Greek yoghurt and blueberries
Dinner - spaghetti bolognese with wholewheat spaghetti - after 2 hours 8.7 down to 5.8 after 3 hours.
Snacks were 4 mini rice cakes (10g carbs) and a couple of biscuits.

Not sure of overall carb and calorie content as I don't tend to weigh or work out the precise amount but probably more than most!!