Targets for pre conception

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for all the support .

Yeah I've fount that out had good control for past few years and it has deffo made me gain weight .
I've been told it's because the insulin is working which makes you gain the weight . Sounds double douched a bit , but it's a good thing about the weight as proves your insulin is working . As long as no one gets to an unhealthy weight . I think it's all ok .

:):):)

reidergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First of all, thanks Cloe, I really do want better control,and your support is a great help. I know that tighter control can mean larger doses of insulin at first which can make you put on weight,the good news though is once you have control,you can usually reduce the amount of insulin and in time the weight (of course you should keep a close check on bs levels when reducing and only reduce by small amounts,ask your dsn for further details, a healthy diet and exercise is also a good idea)

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey :).
Deffo brilliant with what you want to achieve . Yourll have to let us know how your next hba1c goes.

Yeah I think with the doses , you just have to do what units works best for you . I'm on all different through out the day , and it's forever changing lol .
That's new information to me , I've never heard of dropping your insulin once you have got good control , I've always stayed on my doses as that's how I'm getting the good control . But I think it's whatever works for the individual .

:):p:)

Last edited by a moderator:

jade88

Hey girls just thought I'd let you know I got my appt through for my pre conception clinic eek!
Also have managed to get my morning readings down by increasing my dose of background insulin at night yay! xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey jade :) .
Oh wow how exciting for you and your partner . Have you got to wait long ? You will have to let us know how it all goes :D

Bet you feel a lot happier now your bms have lowered , feels so annoying when it doesn't work but such an achievement when you get your goal .

Good luck hehehehe.

:p:p:p