Tea

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Make mine strong :D

Aside from the obvious like reduce/cut out added sugar if you have it tea tends to be quite a good drink with diabetes. It can apparently also increase insulin sensitivity. Is there anything specific you were wanting to know?

Reactions: Freema
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't had sugar in tea for about 40 years so I don't need to look for a replacement. If you just don't take sweeteners for a time the tea tastes sweet enough anyway.
As of late I have lessened the amount of milk I put in tea. I wouldn't call it black but darker and stronger than before. I find the tea flavour that results is very pleasant.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I drink mine black with no sugar, tastes great.
Unless the water is particularly good it needs texturising as I call it. It's a very fine balance between black tea and too much milk for me so I usually just have to ask for it black if offered a cup.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was difficult for a week, but now I prefer my tea black and unsweetened. Earl Grey is my favourite :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink tea made with bog standard tea bags and skimmed milk. I don't like it black and I don't like it creamy. I use sweeteners and have done for 40 odd years.

I also have one decaf coffee with double cream a day. If I'm out and about I have decaf black coffee.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
LOL. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Never thought about that.

I use the word tea for the meal, being a northern lass, but no-one else on here seems to.

I am a Londoner living in Yorkshire so I've experienced this confusion many times.
Dinner / Lunch
Tea / Dinner

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
yes please. Commercial teabag, black, no sugar. If infused black peppermint or currant leaves for preference. Thyme or sage for coughs, elderflower for fevers, elderberry for flu. If I think a cold is coming on I can cope with lemon balm. No way I can drink chamomile though.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any tips with tea?

You might find raw puer tea to be remarkably effective in lowering glucose.

Here is my anecdotal experience
https://myhba1c.wordpress.com/2016/05/23/raw-puer-tea-for-glucose-control/

13668966_10154406893934445_6770788348946952241_n.jpg

Last edited: