1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Teenager t1d

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by LAL1975NJL, Sep 12, 2017.

1. LAL1975NJL

LAL1975NJL · Newbie

I am mom to a recently diagnosed 16 year old t1d son.
    I'm sure he would like to hear from teenagers like yourself. We're from South Africa

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app[/URL]

#1 LAL1975NJL, Sep 12, 2017 at 8:10 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi and welcome to both of you.

I would encourage you to make interact with other members on the open forum.
    The forum has a 'no soliciting' rule in order to protect people - especially children and young people - from asking for, or giving out too much personal information on line. So personal contact details such as email or social media details should not be posted on the forum, or requested, even if the information is passed privately.

However, the forum is a great place to get support and information, and friendships can often spring up, so please keep posting and asking questions. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey @LAL1975NJL Welcome to the forum :)

I am tagging another T1 member who has a T1 child in @mahola - if your son would like to post for themselves then other 'teen' members would be happy to chat with him.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook