Tesco feedback

Jon Lee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last week I contacted Tesco by email to ask if they would be increasing their lower sugar product line, including things like Oppo ice cream. Shortly after I received a phone call from them. The chap on the phone seemed genuinely interested and has said he would be passing on my thoughts. I for one would be grateful for more products that are lower in added sugar. I do try to eat healthily but having the odd treat is so nice. My latest is Jim Jams chocolate spread, lower in sugar (it claims 87% lower) and, whilst not as nice as Nutella it's not too bad. I have also found that by asking in my local Tesco I can have 2 sides and no pudding in their £10 meal deal.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the heads up about the meal deal! :D will ask about it in my local store.

Re the lower added sugar thing, I have learned to be very wary. Way back when I first started lowering sugar intake, I found a range of 'no added sugar' jams. Didn't take long for me to realise that the carb content was almost exactly the same as full sugar jam. All they had done was reduce powdered white sugar, and replace it with concentrated grape juice. So the sugar was there, it just wasn't white powder any more.

On hte other hands, brands like Oppo and Perfect World icecreams are definitely a step in the right direction! :)

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I wish Tesco and others would make it easier to find the Oppo etc. In our local one it is in the frozen halal section. Eventually tracked it down. Just keep all the ice creams together maybe! Likewise other food stuffs - just a gripe of mine. :)

Reactions: Prem51