Test results

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Remember the conversion factor between mg/dl and mols/l is different for each test.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep it is. I think you use Mmol/L. I think that depends on the atomic weight of the thing being measured. Which varies.

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Yep it is. I think you use Mmol/L. I think that depends on the atomic weight of the thing being measured. Which varies.
In the part of the U.K. that I live, the CC needs to be very accurate for cancer chemotherapy, it is therefore common practise for the patient to have an EDTA test - nuclear medicine. It seems differing practises in differing places.
Daily U&E's do still revolve around creatinine, for inpatients.
If eGFR is under 59 it will be stated in whole numbers.
ACR is done regularly for diabetics - NICE guidelines are issued.
AKI (prev aka acute renal failure,) "is now mostly based on monitoring creatinine levels," NICE.
Hope this may clarify.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In the part of the U.K. that I live, the CC needs to be very accurate for cancer chemotherapy, it is therefore common practise for the patient to have an EDTA test - nuclear medicine. It seems differing practises in differing places.
AKI (prev aka acute renal failure,) "is now mostly based on monitoring creatinine levels," NICE.
Hope this may clarify.

It might, if only I understood half the abreviations!

My eGFR is stated in whole numbers when it is under 90.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope this may clarify.
Sure, I get it. Where I work, at a VA healthcare facility (the VA is by far the largest integrated healthcare system in the US, serves about 11 million veterans, 150 hospitals....) we do more blood/lab tests than you can shake a stick at. Most all diabetics (virtually all Type 2, you can't serve in the military with Type 1 of course) get ACE inhibitors and statins along with their diabetes meds (many times Lantus and Novolog, or metformin/glyburide). But as for measuring the GFR the vast majority of them have a normal creatinine, or only slightly elevated. So estimating an eGFR is probably not helpful. If it's off, the main thing you're gonna do is try and improve glucose control/A1C. Not much else. We got guys running A1Cs of 10-12 sometimes. But many are under 8 which is pretty decent.