Thanks to all

billiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed 3 months ago and my Habc1 was 98. Really appreciate advise of members here and manage to get it down to 47 now. Yesssss no medication and my GP advised me to stick to my diet and exercise. I understand it just the begining and will stick to my low carb diet and exercise.

Thanks again to all who advised me direct and the rest who shared their experience.

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
great job, well done and keep up the good work!

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. Low carb really is the way to go as is much more effective than drugs like Metformin.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

billiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done. Low carb really is the way to go as is much more effective than drugs like Metformin.
Thanks Art Of Flowers. Thats true low carb is the best. Not sure about metfirmin as was on Gliclazide 40mg tab.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Art Of Flowers. Thats true low carb is the best. Not sure about metfirmin as was on Gliclazide 40mg tab.
My HbA1C dropped from 99 to 59 after four months and now I have gone from 2x500 Metformin to once a day. My blood sugar levels are now the same as when I was taking two tablets a day. When I run out of Metformin after my next blood test I intend to talk to the diabetes nurse about stoping taking them provided my next reading is below 48 for HbA1C.

Reactions: billiz

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Wildly successful. Really good example and inspirational.

Reactions: billiz

billiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My HbA1C dropped from 99 to 59 after four months and now I have gone from 2x500 Metformin to once a day. My blood sugar levels are now the same as when I was taking two tablets a day. When I run out of Metformin after my next blood test I intend to talk to the diabetes nurse about stoping taking them provided my next reading is below 48 for HbA1C.
Gud luck