the lonely man

J

JohnBaker12021970

i am an obese insulin resistant type 2 diabetic with depressive symptomotolgy and low self esteem. i find it very hard to manage my diabetes because of my ailing mental health. i have a corporate appointee from the council who looks after all my financial issues due to me being susceptible to financial and emotional abuse by 'friends' in the past. i am semi religious but do believe in god and his son jesus christ. i don't have any animals but i adore all animals. i watch gentle programmes and abhore violence and aggression. my mum and sister died but my dad's still alive and he's type 2 as well. i love going to the proms with a friend from my church. i also belong to a group on facebook called 'we love the 70's' because i was a kiddie of the 70's and it was my era. my name is john baker and i live on the mawbey btough council estate in vauxhall, south london. i was brought up in finchley in north london, however and my c of e church is in north finchley.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello John and welcome to the forums, very nice to meet you.
You will get a lot of help and support on here, and maybe a few laughs along the way, so please just jump in and join us, ask as many questions as you like, we don't bite. (well, not a lot!)

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello John, welcome.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Welcome to the forum Gentle John ! Great name ! Hopefully, you'll get some advice here or just a bit of friendly banter. Take care buddy ! Mo :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi, Welcome :)

im from battersea originally, i did my apprentership by the oval, what a hole huh lol no wonder your depressed :)

ask any questions you have, always someone here to help out if they can, best of luck :)

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome. I'm a Londoner by birth, though haven't lived there for about 35 years now. There's loads to read up on here and lots of nice folk who'll be ready to answer any questions.