Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Argh!!! Bl*ody neighbours!
They keep watching the kids when their in their own garden.
The police had to be called after they abused our kids last saturday night. Causing 10yr old to shake with shock and 4yr old to cry throughout the night due to bad dreams.

D

debrasue

The police had to be called after they abused our kids last saturday night. Causing 10yr old to shake with shock and 4yr old to cry throughout the night due to bad dreams.
That's disgraceful! Your poor children. What did the police do?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
That's disgraceful! Your poor children. What did the police do?
Because no independance witness. He's word against ours.
Liasons team will be getting involved.
I'm seeing a solicitor next wednesday to see about a civil action.
We have to watch all their actions and make a log of everything.
They are constantly watching our kids.
As if I haven't got anything better to do than watch my neighbours because they're bored and looking to cause people problems to spice up their dull lives.
They are acting like shavs but are suppose to be respectible retired husband and wife.
Its unnerving me about how much attention they are giving my children. :(
Something not right about it all. :(

S

Sable_Jan

That's awful

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Horrifying. You can, of course, tape record in our own yard. Could prove a deterrent.
We are recording on our phones but by law we have to notify them we are recording them. So we say it in the video so no dispute as they lie about their actions.
We are planning on heightening the front garden fence too so when mrs is sitting watching our kids she will have to stand deliberately to see them. Fence currently only 10inch high. We will take it to it's maximum allowed.
I'll spend solicitor money on fence but if it doesn't work I will have to start paying for a solicitor or a maverick trainee.

D

debrasue

I was thinking more the kind of camera people mount on their doorways. You would be recording 23/7 and downloading You can even post a sign about the monitoring. They can't complain as you aren't recording just them but everyone in that space
I'm not sure this would work in Vicky's situation, as there are very strict guidelines regarding the use of CCTV under the Data Protection and the Human Rights acts which prohibit filming other people on their private property without their permission. It wouldn't help Vicky's case to be subjected to a court case for contravening these laws!

Reactions: Sable_Jan

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm not sure this would work in Vicky's situation, as there are very strict guidelines regarding the use of CCTV under the Data Protection and the Human Rights acts which prohibit filming other people on their private property without their permission. It wouldn't help Vicky's case to be subjected to a court case for contravening these laws!
That's right @Contralto . Not aimed on their property. Just your own, in England. They are abusing us from their own perimeter, as if they know exactly what they're doing. Although their abuse is verbal has affected my kids and ill partner. Mrs was getting partners attention yesterday to wind him up, from her living room window where she has tilted her blinds to just see us in our garden. She cannot see up her own path/front door, for watching my kids in their garden, playing. She has a camera in her hand too. They both could be child abusers, I don't know. God only knows their mind set, frightening children.

S

Sable_Jan

Yep, you don't have to advertise the use of CCTV covering your own property. My neighbours are happy for mine to cover theirs too (even asked if I could cover as much as possible) but I do have the facility to "mask" an area of needs be

S

Sable_Jan

That's right @Contralto . Not aimed on their property. Just your own, in England. They are abusing us from their own perimeter, as if they know exactly what they're doing. Although their abuse is verbal has affected my kids and ill partner. Mrs was getting partners attention yesterday to wind him up, from her living room window where she has tilted her blinds to just see us in our garden. She cannot see up her own path/front door, for watching my kids in their garden, playing. She has a camera in her hand too. They both could be child abusers, I don't know. God only knows their mind set, frightening children.
Can you report your concerns to police/child care services?

Reactions: ickihun

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh my goodness, That's terrifying. Keep talking to them. I know you will, but let them tell you how they feel. Don't let them bottle stuff up. God! People can be so wicked.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was at a family party and the consensus is they are going senile together (which I've never heard of) and a nurse suggested mental illness from the wife which is affecting the husband to react violently.
I'm open to excuses for them as I still cannot understand their behaviour.
It will all come out with the wash!
I hope they aren't ill but unfortunately I have to put my family first, not them.

D

debrasue

I was at a family party and the consensus is they are going senile together (which I've never heard of) and a nurse suggested mental illness from the wife which is affecting the husband to react violently.
I'm open to excuses for them as I still cannot understand their behaviour.
It will all come out with the wash!
I hope they aren't ill but unfortunately I have to put my family first, not them.
Of course you do - you're absolutely right. And whether they are ill or not is pure conjecture at this point and therefore not worth worrying about. You're doing all the right things, hun. Big hugs, to you and your precious boys xxx

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning I was at my parents' home my mum called me because their German shepherd (the surviving dog) was really quiet and didn't eat anything. I think he died silently last evening, was 15 years old.
Then I had to dig a hole for burying him because my dad and my mum are old and dig for a meter is hard, especially on Sunday morning.
And then I had to make the dog unregistration, but was easy because there's a website for it.
Now I have to counsel my parents and don't feel ashamed for the binge eating of chocolate bars and almond nuts...
Next I think I'll start to search a nice puppy to give to my parents.

S

Sable_Jan

This morning I was at my parents' home my mum called me because their German shepherd (the surviving dog) was really quiet and didn't eat anything. I think he died silently last evening, was 15 years old.
Then I had to dig a hole for burying him because my dad and my mum are old and dig for a meter is hard, especially on Sunday morning.
And then I had to make the dog unregistration, but was easy because there's a website for it.
Now I have to counsel my parents and don't feel ashamed for the binge eating of chocolate bars and almond nuts...
Aw, that's sad news. .. I came on here to scream about my sewing machine....but your loss is far worse than my problems.
Hugs for you and your parents. Would you try looking at rescue first? We have none ourselves at the moment but there are so many dogs in rescue...in need of loving homes.....I do t know your parents age but please consider if a puppy might be too much to handle now.
More hugs

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: spook_kate_
D

debrasue

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your parents' dog, but so I'm glad they had you to sort it all out for them, and I think you have every right to some chocolate and nuts after handling all that!
I agree with @Sable_Jan, though, about getting a rescue dog rather than a puppy at your parents' age. A puppy is an awful lot of work, even for a young, fit and agile person, and it would almost certainly be too much for your parents to handle alone, so you could find yourself with another job!
In fact, I'd probably recommend waiting for a while before doing anything at all, to allow them to come to terms with not having a dog, and then make some casual enquiries as to whether they'd actually like another one... I don't know how old your parents are, but I am 64 and although I love our Labrador very much, I wouldn't want another one if anything happened to her. She's only 8 and very fit, so I hope she's got many more years to go yet, but some people (myself included) find dogs a lot of work and a big responsibility as one gets older...

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
Hi @MikeTurin, it sounds like you have all gone through a rough patch and it's so sweet you want to help them. Wish more families were so thoughtful of each other. I'm not geriatric (yet) and I find puppies v hard work. They are a happy loving distraction and I agree with above posts to allow a small period of mourning then reassess. Maybe a young 1.5 yr old dog is still puppyish as well as more calm. Whatever your decision, wish you all the best