The SCREAM thread

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Aaaaaaa h........ People can't appreciate the value of silence and just have to prattle and talk rubbish telling you the details of people's lives you haven't heard of. (Forgive the dangling participle)

Reactions: Freema

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
People that prattle on about other people talking rubbish

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I've got a big scream . Tonight my son gets attacked by three yobs . While he was getting medical treatment in hospital some scum bag has broken into his car to try and steal it . I literally feel sick to the stomach .

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've got a big scream . Tonight my son gets attacked by three yobs . While he was getting medical treatment in hospital some scum bag has broken into his car to try and steal it . I literally feel sick to the stomach .
OMG that's awful. Hope your son is ok.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
TSB That's all I have to say on the matter.... for now!

Reactions: bsandie

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
News Watch on the beeb. Alegedly an opportunity for us, the poor viewing masses, to register their displeasure about the drivel pumped out in the BBC as news. Turns out it’s just a platform for those in the beeb to justify why their news items are so important and fascinating. What a waste of time, a BBC version of politicians saying “yes we are listening but we are continuing to do it anyway”.
Mind you, I lost all faith in BBC news when they didn’t sack that lying and manipulative Laura Kuenssberg.
Can I get my licence fee refunded - don’t be daft.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok maybe I'm being a moaning Minnie but who else sort of can see where I'm coming from

I have an adult daughter (she's 29) with 2 children (one aged 9, the other 14 months)

Now I love to see my granddaughters but its hard going especially as neither myself or hubby are in the best of health. Now my daughter will bring the girls for tea on a Thursday and does nothing to help. She sits playing games on her phone or texts the boyfriend. So that leaves one of us cooking and the other of us looking after a child that wants her mom. Yesterday was particularly bad and as it was the 9 year old's birthday they had takeaway pizza. Little one had been crying from 3.30 til 6 and then when we sat little one down to eat she demolished everything in front of her and then my daughter remarked 'oh she hasnt eaten today'

Any thoughts? Social services are involved with the family due to the boyfriend and his past criminal record

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ok maybe I'm being a moaning Minnie but who else sort of can see where I'm coming from

I have an adult daughter (she's 29) with 2 children (one aged 9, the other 14 months)

Now I love to see my granddaughters but its hard going especially as neither myself or hubby are in the best of health. Now my daughter will bring the girls for tea on a Thursday and does nothing to help. She sits playing games on her phone or texts the boyfriend. So that leaves one of us cooking and the other of us looking after a child that wants her mom. Yesterday was particularly bad and as it was the 9 year old's birthday they had takeaway pizza. Little one had been crying from 3.30 til 6 and then when we sat little one down to eat she demolished everything in front of her and then my daughter remarked 'oh she hasnt eaten today'

Any thoughts? Social services are involved with the family due to the boyfriend and his past criminal record
I can see it from both sides but talking to each other with respect will always hold the key. From both ends.
Daughter wants a break from kids and you want to see them but not physically help, as much as you are now.
Can you see things from your daughters side and is it possible for her to see your side?
Clearly not a case of not wanting kids in your house but you don't want to care for them, just see them.
I'm guessing your daughter doesnt like that idea?
You both need to talk, not shout. Sit your daughter down and explain why you're not able to do the caring part and give her a break from it.
Hopefully she will understand.

A very common situation. If you ask other grandparents.

Reactions: Freema

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can see it from both sides but talking to each other with respect will always hold the key. From both ends.
Daughter wants a break from kids and you want to see them but not physically help, as much as you are now.
Can you see things from your daughters side and is it possible for her to see your side?
Clearly not a case of not wanting kids in your house but you don't want to care for them, just see them.
I'm guessing your daughter doesnt like that idea?
You both need to talk, not shout. Sit your daughter down and explain why you're not able to do the caring part and give her a break from it.
Hopefully she will understand.

A very common situation. If you ask other grandparents.

My daughter doesnt have granddaughter number 1 from Thurs through to Monday. She doesnt have granddaughter number 2 from Friday through Monday.

We're not expecting miracles as my daughter isnt very motherly but just a bit of courtesy would help. After all if a child is crying 'momma' then nanna isnt going to quite cut it.

We do want to care for them because at least they get consistency with us but if either of us arent feeling too good that day - hubby physical health, me mental health - then it is a lot to deal with.

And we have both the granddaughters on a Sunday without my daughter as she is too busy looking after her boyfriend's daughter.

It's all a big mess and we're cramming in as much as we can now before those children are taken

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
People that prattle on about other people talking rubbish
My older sister talks and talks about absolutely nothing of interest. She tells me how she brushed the paint on her bedroom wall and how she painted the corners. I fell asleep in the time it took her to tell me the whole boring 20mins of her saga. Yawn! Some people!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My daughter doesnt have granddaughter number 1 from Thurs through to Monday. She doesnt have granddaughter number 2 from Friday through Monday.

We're not expecting miracles as my daughter isnt very motherly but just a bit of courtesy would help. After all if a child is crying 'momma' then nanna isnt going to quite cut it.

We do want to care for them because at least they get consistency with us but if either of us arent feeling too good that day - hubby physical health, me mental health - then it is a lot to deal with.

And we have both the granddaughters on a Sunday without my daughter as she is too busy looking after her boyfriend's daughter.

It's all a big mess and we're cramming in as much as we can now before those children are taken
A very upsetting situation. You are doing your best.
I have a distant friend who is always putting on his parents.... for his own needs. (meals and washing) he is more than capable but prefers his mum rather than doing these things himself. His situation teaches me that the exceptional parents now in their 80s have been TOO good to him. He cannot stand on his own 2 feet.
I'm lucky I've never had parents that do anything for me. I do everything myself. Kids luckily have their dad they can rely on. On the days I'm ill. In times he acts unreliable I have to be well enough to look after them. They have no one else. My mother doesn't care or do any caring.

Kids these days get very little family support. I was lucky I had brilliant grandparents and playful cousins. My grandparents wouldn't have had it any other way. My grandmother had angina but still did some caring of my half-cousin and taughter her how to pass her chef exams when she was in her late 80s.

For me no matter your age, if unwell enough to do caring then people should accept that. I know I don't thou with my lazy mum. Anything is more important than her grandchildren. I don't think like that with my kids so I'm hoping I will have same attitude with any grandchildren I'm granted.

I think some people don't like caring or feel incapable, for whatever reason. (I think my mum is worried incase my kids get hurt so someone has to be the carer; for her to see her grandchildren. Normally me.... so I get no break in holidays, 6wks is filled with no money and no break. Which makes me more ill and partner too) My mum sits at home moaning she's lonely. Even thou she's invited weekly to our house.
I'd like to say it's strange but my mum knows exactly what she's doing. She lies in bed conniving to get her own way. :(

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I understand about your mom - had one similar myself. You know what you should think 'it's her losing out not the kids or you'. After all your children have mom and dad and each other, who else do they need? As they will get older they will understand who was there and who wasnt

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I understand about your mom - had one similar myself. You know what you should think 'it's her losing out not the kids or you'. After all your children have mom and dad and each other, who else do they need? As they will get older they will understand who was there and who wasnt
Thank you. You are right. I just wish my 2 sisters and mum cherished them, like I do. :(