Thirst

vbrown

I am newly diagnosed and been I'm metformin slow release now for three weeks but today I have had the worse case of dry mouth no amount of water will quench the thirst and also I am always having the runs and running to the toilet my suger is 13.4

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
13.4 is a high blood sugar reading and would explain your thirst and needing the toilet so often. It's Saturday evening, but you could telephone your out of hours doctor and discuss your symptoms over the phone. That way, you will receive good advice hopefully on what to do and how to sort this out. Take care, and I hope you're feeling better soon.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hi is your sugar usually that high?
if you have runs maybe you have a bug? if so that will higher your blood

vbrown

I'm really struggling to get this under control it's proving a bit different at the moment I am working with my doctor to work out the best medicine for me am it's had gone down considerably as it was 26+ last week I been haveing the runs since I started meds

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Your food looks fine.

So you have been on metformin for three weeks and have had the runs for three weeks?

Will bump for someone who knows more about meds. Keep well hydrated meanwhile.

vbrown

Yeas for three week non stop I was on normal metformin that was awfully bad dr moved me to slow active and it's a little better bit still bad it's makings not want to eat

A

Avocado Sevenfold

That's a shame. How many do you take a day? I am on one regular one a day and take it mid-meal. I read on here that it is better to do this rather than take it before or after a meal.

Maybe back to the doctors for you? Keep monitoring your levels tonight and if they skyrocket without food, call the nhs. Sorry i am not much help.

vbrown

I can't seam to get control of it haven't had a suger level below 10 since I stated I take 2 metformin in the morning and one in the evening suger is high all the time I hope that it will get control I just don't know what I am doing wrong

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I don't think metformin dramatically lowers bg. If your bg continues to stay high despite your best efforts diet-wise, I would go back to the doc to check you are definitely type 2.