Thirsty forever?

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apart from when I have the odd dietary blip I keep an eye on my carbs, I'd say they average about 50-70 g a day. I've lost loads of weight which is great but I am still always thirsty. Will that go away? Or is it just something to live with ? There's an easy remedy to being thirsty I know ;) I just expected it to go away...

Reactions: ianRugzo

ianRugzo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I am in the same condition. My thirst comes back when I either eat more carbs than usual or consume sugar. Again if there are more with experiences please share.

D

Deleted Account

I do not eat low carb so cannot comment on thirst from that perspective. But I have two thoughts
- what is your BG? High BG will make you feel thirsty: making you drink is your kidney's way of flushing the sugar out of your blood.
- are you drinking enough? Perhaps your previous diet included more water. For example, many fruits are juicy so, if you have cut down on fruit, you have cut out a lot of the water that was naturally in your diet and need to find some way to replace it.

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do not eat low carb so cannot comment on thirst from that perspective. But I have two thoughts
- what is your BG? High BG will make you feel thirsty: making you drink is your kidney's way of flushing the sugar out of your blood.
- are you drinking enough? Perhaps your previous diet included more water. For example, many fruits are juicy so, if you have cut down on fruit, you have cut out a lot of the water that was naturally in your diet and need to find some way to replace it.
Hello :)

I did eat a lot of fruit before I tried to sort myself out. Largely because I was always thirsty

My numbers are usually 4-5 unless I have a blip then they're 8+

I do drink a lot of tea decaff all day and a couple of builders brews in the morning so I can face the day ! Other than that lots of water and mint tea.

Sent from my XT1039 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app