7.5 (after food)
7.8 (after food)
ive not remembered to test properly today

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Being thirsty could be a side effect from Metformin. I found that I had to get up in the middle of the night to pee. Since stopping taking Metformin I have been able to sleep through the night and don't feel so tired after a fractured sleep pattern.

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
Hello! Quite new myself, but found this
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html
Those levels seem quite fine, to be honest. Eaten anything salty or meaty? And how is your urination?
nothing salty that i know of (we dont add salt to meals)
weeing quite regular
Being thirsty could be a side effect from Metformin. I found that I had to get up in the middle of the night to pee. Since stopping taking Metformin I have been able to sleep through the night and don't feel so tired after a fractured sleep pattern.
thats actually quite interesting, i know we have to stay hydrated but this is beyond a joke, i dont go anywhere without a bottle of water, i rarely ever drink fizzy and thats allways sugar free but sometimes a fizz is whats needed
i think i will stop the metformin for a few days and see if it improves
i dont mind the drinking but its the peeing thats annoying

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It can also be a side effect if you're eating a low carb diet as your kidneys tend to flush out more fluid, so just keep drinking plenty - particularly water!

Robbity

Robkww

It can also be a side effect if you're eating a low carb diet as your kidneys tend to flush out more fluid, so just keep drinking plenty - particularly water!

Robbity

I'm meds free, on a lowish carb diet and still pee with regularity - including during the night.