This is my latest (final)attempt at an ad (journal article)

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Hi
Any suggestions etc..

I have the “hunter” (“thrifty”) gene do you?

This is an explanation of why I had such disturbing symptoms for about 50 years until I figured out that a very low sugar/starch/alcohol(S) diet seemed to be relieving my symptoms. It then took approximately an additional 2 years for almost all my symptoms to clear. It then took about 6 years and a lot of serendipity to figure out what was the problem and that turned out to be only a start of a journey. I am sorry that this explanation is long but I have been told it is complicated.

It is a fact that about ½ the women in India have my gene and it leads to all the sugar problems in pregnancy. Considering my gene leads to a diagnosis of prediabetic that is what Indians told me. I quote from one nurse who said about the sugar problems in pregnancy “it must be genetic”.

Partially, because my informal interviews with a hand full of chubby Indian women are not backed up by information on Google.

I wish to help fund a study that follows the glucose tolerance tests (GTT, see footnotes 1 and 2) of women before, during and after pregnancy.

A major reason for this study is that a doctor on PBS in 2015 drew two graphs of a GTT. GTT’s run for 2 hours. The first GTT went up and then down. He indicated this is the expected GTT. The second GTT slowed its rate of assent but was still rising as he lifted his marker. The second is my GTT (2) taken in 1964. Does anyone know the name of this doctor? He defined such people as having a “hunter” gene. He said people with this GTT did not lose weight on his weight loss diet. The diabetic community says this sounds like the “thrifty” gene. Since people with the “hunter” gene should be better able to survive famines there must be a downside to this gene. I guess one downside is that women with this gene have problems controlling their blood sugar during pregnancy.

The following paragraph contains my actionable conclusions. Details describing them and what lead up to some of these conclusions follow.

Probably my most important conclusion is that Type 2 diabetes could be due to hormones used to create insulin resistance being produced all the time. Researchers where are you? Also:

In my wildest dreams this article would eventually lead to everyone getting a baseline glucose tolerance test (GTT); I strongly suggest you ask your physician to take a GTT to find out if you have the normal GTT or the “hunter” GTT.

Another dream is that doctors would publicize that you can get an autoimmune disease if you have the “hunter” gene. If you have the “hunter” gene and become chronically fatigued I suggest you see if cutting back your sugar/starch/alcohol (S) improves how you feel.

Judging from what people with reactive hypoglycemia post I have a dream that doctors will realize that what is necessary to avoid all the symptoms of either form of reactive hypoglycemia is to not let the blood sugar go above an unknown value. This value can be completely different for different people. I further guess that both types of reactive hypoglycemia are due to the same autoimmune problem. From my posts on diabetes.co.uk I conclude that the treatment for reactive hypoglycemia in the U.S. and U.K. are different. The difference comes down to, is the hunter gather diet good for humans? Do we need grains and significant fruits for a healthy diet? My personal experience indicates that a lot of small balanced meals is impractical. You are on the knife edge of going into reactive hypoglycemia.

An even bigger dream is that a very low sugar/starch/alcohol(S) diet would be tried on all type 2 diabetics and it successfully controlled high blood sugar; for some diabetics this may be a better option then the standard treatment. In that case make sure you monitor your blood sugar to see if you have cut your sugar/starch/alcohol (S) enough.

Another dream is that it would be found that people with the “hunter” gene tend to become fat on the modern diet; for me a low fat diet worked. If you have the “hunter” gene see if this works for you. As the weight loss doctor said, “people with the hunter gene do not lose weight on his weight loss diet”. This would then lead to the following obvious question. Is the hunter gene the reason for the weight problems, when they try the modern diet, with the Indian population, American Indians, Pacific Islanders etc.…? If so, all my advice follows for these people.

After years on a severe very low S diet my high blood pressure corrected itself without medication.

Is the amount of insulin produced by our diet the fundamental reason for most high blood pressure? Could a low S diet generally lead to a correction of high blood pressure?

I was interrupted by an Indian while I sprouted my theories by “½ the people of India are prediabetic (1), but they do not get diabetes”. This indicates why. I also present a theory about an alternate method of sugar storage used by some humans. I have the following question: assume a women has sugar problems during pregnancy. How can you see if her GTT has returned to normal after pregnancy if you don’t know what is her normal GTT? I have the following observation if women with the “hunter” gene are much more susceptible to sugar problems during pregnancy, maybe you can explore possible pre pregnancy interventions with these women.

In 1964 a doctor looked at my GTT and said I was prediabetic (1) and was developing insulin resistance. I am fat and have done all the wrong things, but I am not a diabetic. The reason for my GTT in 1964 is that I get low blood sugar many hours after eating too much (S). I know of 4 other people with the hunter gene who also have this symptom. We also have other symptoms starting with much lower values of (S). The symptoms are some significant degree of brain fog and fatigue. These symptoms are controlled by never letting our blood sugar go above some (unknown) value.

I theorize that the hunter gene allows people to only store sugar when their blood sugar rises above some value (3). Consider the following. Evolutionary changes are often additions to existing processes. Women with the “hunter” gene have insulin resistance in pregnancy. Insulin is needed to process protein. Look at my glucose tolerance test (2). I am led to the following weird conclusion. With the “hunter” gene people are normally in a state of insulin resistance. They are usually simulating type 2 diabetes. When their body determines that the blood sugar is heading for dangerous territory, that it will affect the general chemistry of the blood, the body cuts insulin resistance and if necessary produces insulin to keep the blood sugar from going too high. It waits over an hour in this mode and then produces enough insulin to mop up the excess sugar in the blood. My wild guess is that the “hunter” or “thrifty” gene people are constantly producing hormones to create insulin resistance (7). When the blood sugar gets too large, they stop producing these hormones and if necessary produce a little insulin, even though they are somewhat insulin resistant. After a time gap to allow the hormones to clear, they produce a large enough quantity of insulin to make most of the sugar in their blood become fat. Sometime into this insulin release they are supposed to restart the hormones. People with reactive hypoglycemia do not restart the hormones. I speculate that people with reactive hypoglycemia do not wait the necessary time if they do not have to produce insulin to prevent their blood sugar from rising too high. Their fatigue is due to not turning on the hormones which produce insulin resistance and ending up with mild low blood sugar for extended periods of time and/or trying to start the hormones. I further speculate that people with the “normal” sugar processing also use these hormones for a short time when hypoglycemia threatens. I think that people with either of the reactive hypoglycemia symptoms have disabled this response.

I am on a very low (S) diet. I am simulating a type 2 diabetic almost all the time. I speculate this was true for the hunters from which I arose.

I have reason to believe that I had an episode which was an autoimmune reaction (4). I therefore theorize that doctors should be aware that it is possible for people to have one type of cell of their adrenal glands destroyed. This compromises the possibly complicated chemistry that allows sugar to be stored based on their blood sugar in “hunter” gene people. Doctors should advise people with the reactive hypoglycemia and GTT that they will feel better if they carefully control the (S) in their diet (5). I only know of 5 people with the “hunter” gene autoimmune problem I describe and only two have had their symptoms diagnosed by doctors. The doctors noted that diet controlled their problem but had no idea what was happening. I therefore suggest that doctors make people with the hunter gene aware of this possibility.

My diet is low enough in (S) that with my hunter gene I have turned off the effects of insulin. My evidence is that my fasting blood sugar has risen, but it is very normal, because I never lower it with insulin (6). Further, on occasion, I have gained weight on this diet. I noticed that years ago I was able to lose about 80 pounds in approximately 1 year on a crash diet of pasta with cottage cheese with enough vegetables for vitamins. I also notice that I am presently losing weight on my very low (S) diet by cutting out almost all cheese. Since my meat portions are comparatively small, I assume I am losing weight for the standard reason. Further, I have no discernible problem with exercise even with my extreme diet with very low (S). My fasting blood sugar has stabilized at near the highest but normal values, ever (6). Have I returned to my hunter roots.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Yetta, What I say will not be very helpful but like you I am getting on in years and it has taken me a long time to get R.H. sorted. For me and many a low carb good fats diet is the only solution, I do keep my protein down to less than 100 grams per day. Carbs normally c.30 grams/day. My weight at a bmi of c.22 is just fine but my family think I am a scraggy old man! Your suggestions re diet would not help my R.H. buty you
will
have to go with what works for you. We are all unique! I hope you find the right people to take up your ideas and run with them but I think this is the wrong place to find experimentation, we have enough problems to occupy us ! regards Derek

Last edited:

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Hi Yetta, What I say will not be very helpful but like you I am getting on in years and it has taken me a long time to get R.H. sorted. For me and many a low carb good fats diet is the only solution, I do keep my protein down to less than 100 grams per day. Carbs normally c.30 grams/day. My weight at a bmi of c.22 is just fine but my family think I am a scraggy old man! Your suggestions re diet would not help my R.H. buty you
will
have to go with what works for you. We are all unique! I hope you find the right people to take up your ideas and run with them but I think this is the wrong place to find experimentation, we have enough problems to occupy us ! regards Derek
will
Hi

Thanks in the U.S. they have this strange treatment for all the people with RH of many small balanced meals. All the people on this site talk about (often indirectly) of preventing their blood sugar from rising to an unknown level. Some people have to eat carboard. A comment I hear in my postulating. You have given me an excuse to put the end of my article. Here it is.

(1) Defined as too high a blood glucose reading 2 hours after ingesting sugar after a fast.

(2) GTT 70, ½ hr 130, 1 hr 175, 2 hr 185, extended 3 hr 100.

(3) I have read that up to 1/3 of the energy in sugar is used up in storing and later releasing the sugar.

(4) During 1957 in approximately 2 months I lost approximately 20-25 pounds developed an overactive bladder and started my fatigue symptom.

(5) I eat a very low sugar/starch diet. Another patient posts, he/she feels fine with a diet which includes slowly absorbing starch.

(6) Latest: Fasting blood sugar 98 A1C 5.5

(7) Dr Vaidya pointed out that the body produces Human Placental Lactogen (HPL) in pregnancy which creates insulin resistance. This could be the hormones used to create insulin resistance in the “hunter” gene population. Judging by my GTT the body probably stops the (HPL?) when the blood sugar gets to approximately 170. The time lag before it then tries to mop up the sugar in the blood seems to be over 1 hour.

I wish to give thanks to Dr. Vaidya of Harvard University who has been emailing with me for years as I developed these theories.

lindisfel

Expert
I certainly don't eat anything like cardboard. The idea of my diet is to keep my blood glucose below 7.0 post prandially. BTW I peak at one hour and eat three times per day. We seem to be on opposite ends of a different stick! :);) You cannot eat sugar/carbs and not have a b.g. roller coaster. D.

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
I dont eat cardboard and i think, in my opinion, that you are not prepared to accept any advice or helpful suggestions,or take on board the experiences of others, so I dont see how you can be helped. Have you read thsi:
http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v32/n11/full/ijo2008161a.html

there are many such articles showing that the thrifty gene idea is flawed.
Hi
So I have a "thrifty" gene and people with my gene tend to become fat (overwhelming anecdotal evidence). My gene however is not what the original "thrifty" gene thorists proposed. I use sugar/starch/alcohol more efficiently. With our societies diet I see that it obviously leads to a tendency to become fat. I would guess that I will gain between 5 and 10 pounds a year if I eat the same diet as someone who has the normal sugar metabloism. I do not have a really good guess as to why my gene is not more prevelent although it may be the major way of processing sugar for some isolated populations.
I just mentioned that some people have to keep there blood sugar very low or they have an RH reaction and the vacume repair person made that comment. I will read your article.
I did not say my gene is a "the" thrifty gene I only implied some people posted that. As I have written my gene does not make you fat it only allows you to process sugar/starch/alchol more efficiently. Judging from my anicdotal evidence (not supported by Google. Is it not reported or what?) the Indian women I see (4 or 5 guess) in my neighborhood all say they get diabetes in pregnancy, they all are chubby. An Indian nurse I conversed with in the dentists office did say "it must be genetic". What is that all about? There has been a history of many famines in India.
By the way, what advice? I figured out my present diet about 12 years ago (guess). I will not take a chance on going off it. As I wrote it took 50 years to go on my diet. I am angry at the medical establishment as they insisted that my unbalance diet was unhealthy (why?). With me any grain is dangerous (can't eat 1 potatoe chip) and a similar arguement goes for too much fruit. If I did not want to lose weight I can eat all the nuts I want (why is that?) and all the cheese etc. I want.

Last edited:

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is a fact that about ½ the women in India have my gene and it leads to all the sugar problems in pregnancy.

Is it? Has this gene actually been identified? Have you undergone a DNA test to see if you have it? Have all the women in India, or a representative sample?

Fact: A thing that is known or proved to be true.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Neil,

I would like to think that we are similar in our bodies response to foods, that should be taken as a mere reality.
Most doctors until you can prove otherwise, disagree how RH should be treated.
It is not only the U.S. that they the advice to eat every three hours is acceptable, it is to do with how our brains get the required glucose necessary to make our brains healthy. I myself have seen, read, posted and reviewed articles and on you tube as well. The reason is because if you have carbs, the only way to prevent hypos is to eat regularly throughout the day. That's how our body works and 'reacts'!
Once you are advised by endocrinologists you tend to take their advice, especially if they have actually given you a diagnosis. You tend to believe these people.
To me and my experience over these past few years, through trial and error, is to avoid the glucose making process, which offsets the insulin overshoot.
We have an allergy to the basic foods.
So called 'healthy' foods, are like poison to us.
We are not normal, but try telling that to doctors.
Our bodies are different, the insulin overshoot has to be checked, otherwise we are ill.
Our secondary insulin response can't happen!
We cannot develop insulin resistance.
We cannot develop high glucose levels, as our bodies react with excessive insulin.
We cannot create visceral fat.
We must stay away from foods that do this.
We must eat to survive, but what we eat to do that is against all advice given by dieticians, doctors, endocrinologists and even professors!
Only eating food that doesn't raise blood sugar levels, is acceptable.

Your theory is a question of understanding why and how, yourself and myself, as to the weirdness of this condition and trying as to the reason how it came about!
I don't know!
But I don't think it has to do with genetics, it is I believe our gut brain trigger that is out of balance, out of sync with the rest of the digestive system. The ability to over produce insulin, when our bodies have hyperinsulinaemia, high sugar levels, high insulin resistance is rare. Usually with those symptoms and conditions, diabetes is inevitable. But we are not!
Bottom line, we are not diabetic!
We have a metabolic condition, that is rare!
We cannot control eating foods that gives us hyperglycaemia, then an overshoot of insulin, then Hypoglycaemia.
We use glucose derived from digestion quickly.
If an explanation is what you want, I cannot tell you.
A theory is a theory, that's it!
I have accepted my future and how I stay fit and healthy.
If that means eating a diet that does this, against all medical advice, then so be it!

Last point, how can you have the same female gene that Asian pregnant women do?

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Is it? Has this gene actually been identified? Have you undergone a DNA test to see if you have it? Have all the women in India, or a representative sample?

Fact: A thing that is known or proved to be true.
Hi

I hope to have people prove me wrong (or not). That is what theoriticians do. Would have liked to shoot Einstein. If you have some menue where I can place this ad tell me.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I hope to have people prove me wrong (or not). That is what theoriticians do. Would have liked to shoot Einstein. If you have some menue where I can place this ad tell me.

You might want to edit out the word fact if the putative "gene" is simply your hypothesis and actually a fact.

I'm not a publisher and if I were I would not be interested in publishing your advert when it appears to have more than a loose understanding of the terms "fact", "simulating", it doesn't seem to understand what genes are and how investigations into identifying genes, it appears to think that a man can have HPL (something present only in pregnant women). I don't know what it is you are trying to advertise. If you are trying to recruit people into a clinical study you would need clinical qualifications and ethical approval for the study.

It just seems like you are writing random nonsense on the internet to me...

It sounds like you have reactive hypoglycaemia, you manage it by eating low carb. I can't see the benefit of your "advert" to you or anyone else.

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
You might want to edit out the word fact if the putative "gene" is simply your hypothesis and actually a fact.

I'm not a publisher and if I were I would not be interested in publishing your advert when it appears to have more than a loose understanding of the terms "fact", "simulating", it doesn't seem to understand what genes are and how investigations into identifying genes, it appears to think that a man can have HPL (something present only in pregnant women). I don't know what it is you are trying to advertise. If you are trying to recruit people into a clinical study you would need clinical qualifications and ethical approval for the study.

It just seems like you are writing random nonsense on the internet to me...

It sounds like you have reactive hypoglycaemia, you manage it by eating low carb. I can't see the benefit of your "advert" to you or anyone else.
Hi

Why does Dr. Vaidya, possibly a world expert on adrenal problems, think my ideas are possible or even probable but like you says it is not proved.

Neil

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Hi Neil,

I would like to think that we are similar in our bodies response to foods, that should be taken as a mere reality.
Most doctors until you can prove otherwise, disagree how RH should be treated.
It is not only the U.S. that they the advice to eat every three hours is acceptable, it is to do with how our brains get the required glucose necessary to make our brains healthy. I myself have seen, read, posted and reviewed articles and on you tube as well. The reason is because if you have carbs, the only way to prevent hypos is to eat regularly throughout the day. That's how our body works and 'reacts'!
Once you are advised by endocrinologists you tend to take their advice, especially if they have actually given you a diagnosis. You tend to believe these people.
To me and my experience over these past few years, through trial and error, is to avoid the glucose making process, which offsets the insulin overshoot.
We have an allergy to the basic foods.
So called 'healthy' foods, are like poison to us.
We are not normal, but try telling that to doctors.
Our bodies are different, the insulin overshoot has to be checked, otherwise we are ill.
Our secondary insulin response can't happen!
We cannot develop insulin resistance.
We cannot develop high glucose levels, as our bodies react with excessive insulin.
We cannot create visceral fat.
We must stay away from foods that do this.
We must eat to survive, but what we eat to do that is against all advice given by dieticians, doctors, endocrinologists and even professors!
Only eating food that doesn't raise blood sugar levels, is acceptable.

Your theory is a question of understanding why and how, yourself and myself, as to the weirdness of this condition and trying as to the reason how it came about!
I don't know!
But I don't think it has to do with genetics, it is I believe our gut brain trigger that is out of balance, out of sync with the rest of the digestive system. The ability to over produce insulin, when our bodies have hyperinsulinaemia, high sugar levels, high insulin resistance is rare. Usually with those symptoms and conditions, diabetes is inevitable. But we are not!
Bottom line, we are not diabetic!
We have a metabolic condition, that is rare!
We cannot control eating foods that gives us hyperglycaemia, then an overshoot of insulin, then Hypoglycaemia.
We use glucose derived from digestion quickly.
If an explanation is what you want, I cannot tell you.
A theory is a theory, that's it!
I have accepted my future and how I stay fit and healthy.
If that means eating a diet that does this, against all medical advice, then so be it!

Last point, how can you have the same female gene that Asian pregnant women do?
Hi

The "hunter" ("thrifty") gene is genetic. The reactive hypoglycemia is due to a particular cell in the adrenal glands being distroyed. (Fortuneately?) with me it happened relatively quickly in 1957 so it seems obviousl I have a relative who also got RH at app the same time (it happened gradually). She also has the "hunter" gene and the symptoms I discribe for me.
We do not use up sugar any faster than most people. In this case the (gene?) is not on the X chromisone. The brain uses up a lot.

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
I dont eat cardboard and i think, in my opinion, that you are not prepared to accept any advice or helpful suggestions,or take on board the experiences of others, so I dont see how you can be helped. Have you read thsi:
http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v32/n11/full/ijo2008161a.html

there are many such articles showing that the thrifty gene idea is flawed.
Hi

The "hunter" ("thrifty") gene is genetic. The reactive hypoglycemia is due to a particular cell in the adrenal glands being distroyed. (Fortuneately?) with me it happened relatively quickly in 1957 so it seems obviousl I have a relative who also got RH at app the same time (it happened gradually). She also has the "hunter" gene and the symptoms I discribe for me.
We do not use up sugar any faster than most people. In this case the (gene?) is not on the X chromisone. The brain uses up a lot.
Hi
I have added a sentence to my ad. Is this an improvement?

A major reason for this study is that a doctor on PBS in 2015 drew two graphs of a GTT. GTT’s run for 2 hours. The first GTT went up and then down. He indicated this is the expected GTT. The second GTT slowed its rate of assent but was still rising as he lifted his marker. The second is my GTT (2) taken in 1964. Does anyone know the name of this doctor? He defined such people as having a “hunter” gene. He said people with this GTT did not lose weight on his weight loss diet. The diabetic community says this sounds like the “thrifty” gene. I note that the details are different but…. Since people with the “hunter” gene should be better able to survive famines there must be a downside to this gene. I guess one downside is that women with this gene have problems controlling their blood sugar during pregnancy.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi

That's pure BS!
There is nothing wrong with my adrenal glands!
My total blood panel work from my last test, had, because of my very low carb diet, totally normal for all my hormones and Hba1c. But I still have RH!
It is I believe the gut bacteria, brain trigger, that everyone has, is a more likely and logical reason.
As someone with RH, you use your glucose quickly, quicker than someone with a normal balance of hormones. The quick hypers, stimulates the trigger for the second insulin response. Which produces the overshoot that leads to the hypos!
Your brain needs glucose but the amount is subjective if the amount of insulin is excessive. I have proved that I don't need carbs or sugars to be brain healthy!
I get my glucose from my liver its called glucogenesis!
Being in ketosis makes me healthy!
Food makes me ill!
How?
I don't know, but I believe my hypotheses is more logical than your gene theory!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi
I have added a sentence to my ad. Is this an improvement?

A major reason for this study is that a doctor on PBS in 2015 drew two graphs of a GTT. GTT’s run for 2 hours. The first GTT went up and then down. He indicated this is the expected GTT. The second GTT slowed its rate of assent but was still rising as he lifted his marker. The second is my GTT (2) taken in 1964. Does anyone know the name of this doctor? He defined such people as having a “hunter” gene. He said people with this GTT did not lose weight on his weight loss diet. The diabetic community says this sounds like the “thrifty” gene. I note that the details are different but…. Since people with the “hunter” gene should be better able to survive famines there must be a downside to this gene. I guess one downside is that women with this gene have problems controlling their blood sugar during pregnancy.

You are in starvation mode. Perfectly normal and natural.!

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
That's pure BS!
There is nothing wrong with my adrenal glands!
My total blood panel work from my last test, had, because of my very low carb diet, totally normal for all my hormones and Hba1c. But I still have RH!
It is I believe the gut bacteria, brain trigger, that everyone has, is a more likely and logical reason.
As someone with RH, you use your glucose quickly, quicker than someone with a normal balance of hormones. The quick hypers, stimulates the trigger for the second insulin response. Which produces the overshoot that leads to the hypos!
Your brain needs glucose but the amount is subjective if the amount of insulin is excessive. I have proved that I don't need carbs or sugars to be brain healthy!
I get my glucose from my liver its called glucogenesis!
Being in ketosis makes me healthy!
Food makes me ill!
How?
I don't know, but I believe my hypotheses is more logical than your gene theory!
Hi

I had my AH come on comparatively quickly. I ended up with colateral damage. One symptom is what is normally associated with an enlarged prostate. (My bladder from the products I urinated as a cell was destroyed?). The other is that I
faint if given epinephrine by a dentist (a lot I'v been told, also only slightly different from adrenaline). I

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Hi

I had my RH come on comparatively quickly. I ended up with collateral damage. One symptom is what is normally associated with an enlarged prostate. (My bladder from the products I urinated as a cell was destroyed?). The other is that I
faint if given epinephrine by a dentist (a lot I'v been told, also only slightly different from adrenaline, slows bleeding). Also a few years back took a little epinephrine for basil cell cancer I had a pretty good shaking a few minutes later. Doctors say my reaction in the dentist is very unusual. My basil cell reaction is rare but happens./QUOTE]

S

serenity648

Hi

I had my AH come on comparatively quickly. I ended up with colateral damage. One symptom is what is normally associated with an enlarged prostate. (My bladder from the products I urinated as a cell was destroyed?). The other is that I
faint if given epinephrine by a dentist (a lot I'v been told, also only slightly different from adrenaline). I

so do a lot of people, for many reasons http://www.rdhmag.com/articles/prin...t/adverse-reactions-to-local-anesthetics.html

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Hi

Epinephrine is not a anesthetic but still... The dentists have procaine without epinephrine as it is dangerous to the fetus during pregnancy. I am a man who is pregnant (according to the dentist's protical). You are right in the sense maybe I had the standard autoimmune reaction but why the adrenal glands. The reason is that the adrenal glands produce most of the hormones (I guess like me you have tested same) used in processing sugar or signal the body to produce them elsewhere. The timing of our sugar processing is obviously fouled up so the adrenal glands are the primary suspect, again but still...
Doctors (I do not necessarily believe them) think your type RH is due to an inappropriate insulin release.

Neil

Last edited:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting about the adrenal glands. Mine were damaged by severe stress as a child. I am now trying to help them to heal. I don't have RH though, I am just a standard T2. I also can't have anaesthetic with adrenalin.