1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

thriftygene.net

Discussion in 'Gestational Diabetes' started by yetta2mymom, Jun 18, 2017 at 11:54 PM.

1. yetta2mymom

yetta2mymom Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Hi

I am a man, but I have written the web site thriftygene.net. I will bet (you name what) that all women with the glucose tolerance test explained on my site, when not pregnant, will get gestational diabetes. I do not know if this is the only population which gets gestational diabetes. Can you give me evidence for or against that.

Thriftygene.net

This “thrifty” gene exists throughout the world. Women with this form of glucose tolerance test get gestational diabetes. People with my gene tend to be fat. Thriftygene.net explains all and maybe explains type 2 diabetes. I am selling nothing.

2. serenity648

serenity648 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

it is almost impossible to read what you have written on your site, as the banner takes up two thirds of the page so I can only see 4 lines of text at any time.

3. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Agree. The scrolling function to allow access to the text section isn't working properly.

4. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It needs work done on your website, you will not get many people interested reading a little bit at a time. Or is this the "Trifty" bit coming in to play.

Plenty of other websites to see on the net, yours is not one of them unfortunately.

5. hca

hca Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well done on your efforts, however have to agree with @Tipetoo ,@Indy51 and @serenity648 . Difficult to read, navigate and needs some work. Not a criticism just an observation and personal opinion. X

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook