Tickling feet when high,

Just Laura

She's 6 now and was diagnosed in January when she was 5. How about your son?
Before she was diagnosed, she used to say "I've got fizzy feet" to describe the pins and needles she seemed to be getting lots of

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Eta

Aww bless her, so cute, my son was diagnosed two months ago :(,
How is your daughter copping and does she takes flu jabs? We did it on friday, had a very bad reaction, How is nursery going and do teachers help around? I am feeling very tired and low, feeling sorry for him and thinking about his future,...

Just Laura

Oh, I know exactly how you're feeling right now. Nothing in the world ever prepares you and it just feels like the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Sounds like I'm making light hearted of it but it definitely gets easier. You will still always have the down moments, and I guess we'll worry that little bit more for ever and ever but time brings acceptance which in turn brings hope and that light at the end of a very dark tunnel.
Feel free to PM me and we can compare battle notes!
x

Just Laura

Oh, I know exactly how you're feeling right now. Nothing in the world ever prepares you and it just feels like the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Sounds like I'm making light hearted of it but it definitely gets easier. You will still always have the down moments, and I guess we'll worry that little bit more for ever and ever but time brings acceptance which in turn brings hope and that light at the end of a very dark tunnel.
Feel free to PM me and we can compare battle notes!
x

Marfmama

I get "fizzy feet" it can be quite painful , I also get a fizzy tongue/lips occasionally. Annoying! Lots of respect for parents supporting diabetic children, my son is 3 and I'm constantly paranoid that he will be diabetic too !

Just Laura

Hi marfmama, lots of respect to you too. Whilst it's incredibly hard being Mum to a diabetic littlie, we will never know how it truly is for you.
How do you resist 'prickle testing' your little one all the time? I am weeks off having a baby and I'm sure I'm going to be wanting to test all the time! I can see it now; every tantrum or out of the ordinary outburst, there I'll be brandishing a test kit...

Marfmama

I have done it once when he was poorly - he was 5.3 so all good for now! I do get tempted all the time. Especially when he has asked for his millionth drink of juice in one day!

g0mrl

Tickly feet and hands were the first symptoms that made me realise there was a problem - namely Type 2. So I went to the doctor. I've never had it since - the medication has always kept my blood sugar sufficiently low to avoid the tickles.