Time to join in

Nowhereman71

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello! I have had IDDM since 1985. To say the least, i have not always been a "good" diabetic. I have had depression since my diagnosis and i coped badly with acceptance and this has been the case for a long while. Diabetes is part of me but not all of me. I have spent some time educating myself about the treatments and modern ways of caring for myself. I've got my diabetes under much better control at the moment and feel better than I've felt for months.

Joining this forum is a big deal for me, especially with what I've mentioned. I fear being judged but my need to connect with other PWD is greater.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Good morning g to you
I have not been a member for that long and a type 1 since 1974.
People here do not judge at all quite the reverse they try to help and sympathise and empathise through what they or we are going through.
You will be able to help through your experiences of 30+ years of diabetes.
This is a good place to be.

All the best

Tony

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome @Nowhereman71 :)

Glad you have joined in - lots of us here have had our own struggles so you are definitely not alone.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello and welcome. :) Please don't feel judged here - there is a wide array of great people with different experiences with this condition.

Reactions: Prem51

layladream

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello nowhereman! I'm a newbie at this diabetes thing and am type 2. You won't find judgemental people here, just people who can empathise and understand. They're a great support and you have plenty to offer others too!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! I have had IDDM since 1985. To say the least, i have not always been a "good" diabetic. I have had depression since my diagnosis and i coped badly with acceptance and this has been the case for a long while. Diabetes is part of me but not all of me. I have spent some time educating myself about the treatments and modern ways of caring for myself. I've got my diabetes under much better control at the moment and feel better than I've felt for months.

Joining this forum is a big deal for me, especially with what I've mentioned. I fear being judged but my need to connect with other PWD is greater.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Hi @Nowhereman71 ,

Warm welcome to the forum!

There's no such thing as a "good diabetic", we're all human..

Feel free to ask away. & try the advice that works for you.

Armed with your BS meter & support from HCPs you'll get there..!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @Nowhereman71
welcome to the forum !!:)

really pleased to have you on the team !!:)

Getting to acceptance of D is a big part of managing , so I am pleased you have been able to achieve this !!
all the best !!