Timing Meals advice please

Grannie75

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been following the Keto type diet for some months now with approx 10% Carb, 60-65% Fat and 25-30% Protein ( I work in percent and not grams) I am never hungry so I eat by the clock as follows. Brunch 11.30-12 and evening meal 6.30-7pm with a coffee and double cream and sometimes a small handful of nuts during the day

I lost around 1 stone within 3 months but since then the weight loss has really slowed so that over the last 6 weeks I have only lost less than half stone. I am very strict with my diet so no lapses or naughty additions.
I read all the time about people saying that the weight 'dropped off them' on the Keto diet, I wish I could say that!
I wonder if my body needs a shock to get it going again as eating by the clock my routine never changes. Do you think that I should perhaps have my breakfast early in the morning and have the long break between meals through the day instead of through the night?
I have about another 4 stone to lose and I think I will be 6ft under before achieving this loss. Any advice will be very gratefully received

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to eat on a fairly similar time table, and was a bit baffled when I put on three pounds.
I tried fasting - not eating the earlier meal - and saw the highest BG level for ages, so I decided to eat earlier, so separating the meals more, and that seems to have worked, at least I have now lost two of the three pounds.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think a weight loss of half a stone in 6 weeks is at all bad. It is approximately a pound a week and still going in the right direction. Initial weight loss is mostly water, so once that has all gone weight loss does slow down a bit.

It took me around 40 weeks to lose about 56 pounds, so not much over a pound a week on average, but the good thing was it kept going down and has shown no signs of going back up again. Also, the slower you lose it the less likelihood there is of a lot of loose saggy skin. (or so people tell me)

Grannie75

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks for the replies, I may try eating earlier for my breakfast and then nothing until evening to see if it makes any difference. Trial and error methinks is the way to go without increasing my food intake. Maybe this will be enough to shock my body, on the other hand it may make not difference at all. I will let you all know if it has worked or not.
Re the loose saggy bits - yuk - but makes sense that slowly is the best way, so that will be my excuse for the future. I just want the flab to be gone and I'm maybe too impatient !!!

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Well its taken me since Christmas to lose a stone - before that I lost 2 stone in 4 months. The body does not like to lose its fat reserves without a fight! Try doing the odd intermittent fast day.

Reactions: Ultramum

Lord Midas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots. Morons. Flat Earthers. Religious fanatics. Trump. Bigots. Misogynists. And other assorted bad types.
There are many things that can slow down weight loss. Stress, Insulin, eating when not hungry.
Perhaps you can find addition advice here? https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-lose-weight
Or try YouTube videos. Plenty of advice on there.

Lord Midas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots. Morons. Flat Earthers. Religious fanatics. Trump. Bigots. Misogynists. And other assorted bad types.
Also, measure your waist and not necessarily the scales. Could be you're going through a phase of muscle growth, which the scales might simply tell you is no weight loss

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
During the time after losing 18lb and putting on the 3lb my waist reduced buy over 4 inches, might even have been 6 - clothes were falling off!!
My BG levels were dropping too, and then becoming erratic - obviously lots of things were happening - we are not simple mechanisms more like a combination of the weather and the economy combined, with added emotional impact.

Reactions: Lord Midas

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Are you getting enough sleep? This is when the magic happens.