Timing of meds

Juju13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all I am taking metformin was told to take one tablet a day for a week then two then three I've Bern taking them at 9am breakfast 1pm dinner and 6pm tea is this OK or should I be leaving longer gaps scared myself a little as someone said need to be 8 hours apart??

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all I am taking metformin was told to take one tablet a day for a week then two then three I've Bern taking them at 9am breakfast 1pm dinner and 6pm tea is this OK or should I be leaving longer gaps scared myself a little as someone said need to be 8 hours apart??
You need to take them with meals of course. I don't think timing is critical otherwise. I spread my meals. Breakfast 7, lunch 1, dinner 7. Then nothing for 12 hours in the hope that the remaining insulin I do have will bring the BG down by morning.

Diane60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I increased my dosage to three, the doctor advised to take one with breakfast and two with the evening meal.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I don't think it really matters how you space them out in a day. I take 1000mg in the morning and 1000mg before bed. Taking them with meals helps with stomach issues but I take ER tablets on an empty stomach with no issues.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So you leave 6 hours is that what I should be doing
Well, that's about it. I try to spread the meals evenly and try to avoid snacking in between. I presume you take the normal ones and not the slow release version.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. If you have the SR version (aka ER) it doesn't matter when you take them. The standard version is best with meals but the timing isn't too critical.